Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here..

Hi SLG,

just being able to find and read the posts in this website shows that you are very brave. Don't worry if you are not yet ready to share, it's normal, what's happened to us is very personal and feeling safe and being able to trust are major things we need before we are able to share our stories. I encourage you to keep coming back, reading and 'getting to know us.' Everybody here is able to see you by who you really are behind all that pain, and i'm sure we (you and us) would benefit very much from each other's. :hug:

Hi SLG,

It's perfectly fine that you don't feel ready to share yet. It was very traumatic and I just wanted to let you know that whenever you do feel ready, we'll be here to listen. You just let us know when and how and we'll be here. Please just hang around, read a few posts, and make yourself more comfortable with this place and the people here, you don't have to say anything, and no one will push you to either.

~Janene

I can't really add any more than that but I agree with what has been said, the journey is always painful to start with but a HUGE step is made by every person who even just THINKS about logging on to this website...You are brave.... :hug:

Guest queenie

SLG

:hug:

Sending you all of my LOVE. We are here for you when you are ready. Please take a look around and read some of our posts until you are comfortable. I am sooo sorry for what has happened to you sweetie. Please know that we are all here for you if you ever need anything. PM me if you ever need to talk.

:throb::throb::throb:

Jennifer

(((SLG))) Please take your time... we are here for you when you are ready and able to post. It helps to look around and read other posts... you are not alone in this painful journey... we are here to support and help you.

:throb: Take precious care of yourself :throb:

:hug: Tracy

wow, those are some warm welcome's.. :throb:

I am sorry for not being able to make a normal post.

But your reply's ment a lot to me. I was scared i had totally failed by not being able to post, and i'm very gratefull that you guys encourage me to settle in first and take my time. Makes me feel less of a failure. You guys allready made me feel sortoff accepted. Feels good to hear that you are not here to judge me. This is a really warm place.

So i am taking my time, I just want you to get to know me a bit, since i've been here, observing...

So, let's just begin with a small introduction. I am SLG ( strange little girl ), a twenty years young girl in therapy. Trying to sort things out. To heal her wounds and get back some balance. I was searching on the internet for a place where i could write, talk, listen and live with people alike me, who are struggeling their own battles, who might understand. And i found this place. After seeing your posts, Reading about your lives, your battles, and seeing your great courage, I thought i should give it a try. So here i am. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm here, in the background for now, but here anyways..

Love,

SLG

I was scared i had totally failed by not being able to post,

I think you may have gathered from the replys to your post that far from having "totally failed" you have fact in "totally succeeded", just by having the courage to just sit in the background..there is no right or wrong way to do this....Good luck in finding the path that suits you :hug:

So i am taking my time, I just want you to get to know me a bit, since i've been here, observing...

That is fine............................ :hug:

:hug: Thank you for introducing yourself to us. If there is anything I can do please always feel free to ask. ...and you have not totally failed!!! Please take your time... it's a very hard thing we go through. We will be here for you... Just take your time. :hug: Welcome!!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

:throb: Take precious care of yourself :throb:

:kitty: Tracy

Guest queenie

((SLG))

It's good to hear from you! We look forward to getting to know you a little better. And if you ever have any questions we are all here for you! Posting is a very strong and brave thing to do. :clap: We are all very sorry for what has happened to you but we are glad to have you part of the family. :bighug:

:throb::throb::throb:

Jennifer

(((((SLG))))))

welcome to After Silence! I am glad you came and introduced yourself. Be proud of that huge step forward. :hug: Take your time. We are here for you. I hope you find healing and support as i have. Take care, sweetie.

love clarissa

Guest Madonna

:hug: SLG, please don't do anything that you are not ready for. We are all here to be comfortable and heal together at our own pace. Please stick around though. I'm sure you will find this place helpful :)

Madonna

:throb: late but...

its nice to have u here! :-)

like i'm sure u already noticed...the ppl are very warm and lovely here...

there will never be a reason to think that u could write or do sth which may be wrong b/c we're something like a family...

judging..

well.... noone has the right to judge anyone... i mean... not really

(damn...i write such sh*t with my bad english)

however

(((huuugs)))

its great to have u here!

Welcome SLG.

Don't worry. I feel the exact same way you do all the time. I've posted so many posts here already and some days I just want to delete them all. Then I don't and I feel sort of empowered by it. Hang around, offer your own tips and listen to everyone elses if that is easier.

With time, even just being here, reading and identifying with people (although very hard most of the time) helps a lot.

:)

And of course whenever you are ready hon. There are many people here to offer support and an ear if you need ok? <3<3<3

Welcome, SLG!

Hon, my heart went out to you with your first post. I cannot begin to count how many times I've started to post something then simply cancelled it out. :) We all go through it but the wonderful thing is that here they/we understand. Thank you for coming back and introducing yourself. I'm pleased to meet you, although very sorry for the reasons that brought you here. I hope this place helps you as much as it has helped others and me. It's a very good place with many caring people who will listen at the drop of a hat. Hang in there, sweetie. It does get better... sometimes it seems that it gets better too slowly but, you know, even slow progress is progress nonetheless.

Ardatha