Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi,

I'm 23 yrs old and trying to heal from what has happened to me. I've been trying for a long time now, but it seems that everytime I try I get to a point where I feel like I'm making real progress, and that suddenly slip right back to where I started. I'm hoping that this will help.

Hey RainDown, If you have problems making it past a certain point then having support does help a ton. We need others through this. I hope you find the support here great for you getting to where you need to be.

Take good care

So sorry for the reasons that bring you here but hi! I've found AS helps me to know I am not alone and to break the taboos by being able to say what I want in an anonymous forum has helped me connect with my true feelings without the fear which abusers inculcated into me.

Hi ....nice to meet u although Im sorry what brought u here but this has been such an awesome very supportive forum ...it is good to build that support when healing and opening upw hen u can ...take care

Hi,

I'm 23 yrs old and trying to heal from what has happened to me. I've been trying for a long time now, but it seems that everytime I try I get to a point where I feel like I'm making real progress, and that suddenly slip right back to where I started. I'm hoping that this will help.

Hi, :hi:

It's good to meet you! Welcome to AS (After Silence)!!!

Sometimes it does seem like we try and wind up back back where we started doesn't it? It's hard to pick yourself up and keep going when that happens. I'm glad you had the courage to come here and that you still have the desire to heal. I wish that this site will provide you with many understanding voices of hope to encourage you on your journey towards healing.

Strength to you,

Activist Ally

Welcome RainDown.

That back and forth struggle is always difficult, but you will find lots of support here. Whatever your story, whatever your fears and whatever you are feeling...we understand. You have support and you are not alone. Best wishes on your road to healing.

Mary