Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member, Partner. Seek Moderator/member Advice, Please.

I'm a 60-something man married forever to a long-term childhood incest victim and now PTSD sufferer.

Where is the best forum to air out some of my experiences, and possibly gain some insights from

real people? thanks

Welcome to AS!

The Secondary Survivors forum would be the best place for you to seek support from since you are a secondary survivor.

Hope you find the help you need!

Activist Ally

:aswelcomesu::notalone::bighug: if OK she is lucky to have some one concerned about her welfare and willing to try and help, not easy :(. You will unfortunately find a lot of people here similar to your wife, hope you can gain some real insight into PTSD and the serious after affects of CSA through our experiences, varied as they are as no one re-acts exactly the same way..

Hi Stuffmatters,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry your wife has had trauma, but she is very lucky to have you! As someone who loves a survivor, I am sure that you have seen how horribly this can affect a person, and still you are at her side. I applaud you for that. Hopefully this site can help you with some insights, advice, and support. I wish both you and your wife well on this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi stuffmatters,

Welcome to AfterSilence

I would like to commend you for supporting your wife, Incest and PTSD can be very traumatic. :clap:

If possible, I would recommend that your wife also join AS, so that she can meet others who have experienced what she going through, and realize that "She is NOT Alone"

There are many members here who have also experienced childhood incest, and also experiencing PTSD.

Talking about her CSA with other members who have experienced CSA is a very helpful way to help ease some of the pain

IMO, she would feel better posting messages herself if she is ready.

Also, After you and/or your wife post 10 messages, you are able to join the Chat, where you can converse with members in "Real Time" about their past CSA experiences, and what helped them best.

I am also a survivor of CSA.

Sending BOTH You and your Wife Support. :notalone::supportu:

I hope some of the information that you receive here is helpful :)