Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

"after Silence"

Guest voiceless000

AFTER SILENCE...

Means for me...

the beginning of healing;

founding precious lifetime friends;

being accepted;

finding a safe place in this cruel world;

finding my voice;

getting so much care and love;

being here for someone in need;

being around so many special people

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

After Silence is a place where I can start to talk. It is a place where I can finally try to put words to what I've been feeling all these years. It's a place where people get it - what I've been through and what impact that has on my life. Where I can start to accept what happened to me and to grow stronger. And, it's where I can hopefully help others on their path to healing.

After silence means freedom to me. To be free and express what happened to me on After Silence when i couldnt anywhere else is freedom. It means that i can talk without fear of being judged or thought less of, I can talk and be understood. I found my voice and am letting it be heard.

I heard people talking about wristbands, Im interested, where can i get one?

Edited by survivor07

:hug::wub::wub:

Thank you for making this forum.

I am thankful every day I found the link to After Silence.

Thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes to keep the community going

:wub::):hug::flowers:

• 4 weeks later...

After Silence to me means love and healing. I love this place, and I think it is such a special place for everyone here :wub: You all make me feel so special which I havent felt in so so long :wub:

It mean somewhere I can be myself and not be affraid, I am so glad to be here at aftersilence it is best place in world :blush:

Thanks and love you all :hug:

Im glad im healing here, it is an amazing place :flowers:

John

• 4 months later...

To me, "after silence," means that after years and years of abuse that I can begin to release the words and feelings that I had to hide for years in order to survive.

:hug::wub::wub:

Thank you for making this forum.

I am thankful every day I found the link to After Silence.

Thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes to keep the community going

:wub::):hug::flowers:

I just found After Silence and I so very thankful!

AS has allowed me to have my good and bad days and feel I've got friends I can turn to if I've had a nightmare or anxiety / panic attack, and everyone here will understand and give me love and support that helps so much.

When I mix with people in society, I'm terrified of having a panic attack in the middle of a crowded place, because they just don't seem to understand. When I go out, I just hold on to my hubby and think of AS and think of all the friends here, and that gets me through a bad moment.

Thank you so much for starting this site Vera, and for the admin, mods, and newbie support, for all the tremendous work you are doing. Also for all the members here, I wish I could take away your pain, but thank you for giving me so much support and friendship.

Hugs to you all. :flowers::hug::bighug:

Atlantis

in real life, after silence means after speaking out:

Rejection, abandonment and deep hurt. (from family and "friends")

Real, caring, brave, and concerned people. (Eg: abuse counsellors)

After silence the forum means togetherness, understanding and EMPOWERMENT.

Edited by joss
  • 4 weeks later...

after silence has many meanings to me. after silence means healing process (the good and the bad), gaining of strength, becoming brave, gaining self confident/esteem. after silence also means the opportunity to meet & become friends with some wonderful people who actually do understand. but, one of the main meanings of after silence for me is the gaining back of lost happiness in my life and the gaining back of being a woman that has been hurt and has now began on the road to survivial.

• 5 months later...

Aftersilence to me is a wonderful place, where I am not alone, I can talk freely without judgement. I can let go and be myself, I can try and support others who are having a time, which in turn makes me feel more worthwhile in my self. After Silence is a place where we will never be told to "get over it" but will get support to help us overcome it. It is my saviour, because if it wasnt for this place I surely could not have continued on by myself

After Silence is the best place ever!

• 2 weeks later...

For me, "after silence" means two things:

1. The aftermath of telling people what happened to you. Literally breaking the silence and dealing with people's reactions.

2. The first step in healing. The beginning of the process of reclaiming your past, your future, and your life.

After Silence has been a fortress for me in the past 6 months. AS has given me comfort, support and validation that I needed to start to heal. I have met lifelong friends here who are in different stages of struggle and healing, and still can find the strength to reach out and hold my hand, sit with me, tell me that I am not alone and I did not deserve what happened to me.

I don't know if I would be here if this board did not exist. When I first came here, I was going down fast. Being supported has stopped that freefall.

I do not know if I will make it to this healing place where I can overcome this horrible guilt, shame and self hate. But like everyone here, I am trying to get there to that place.

AS is not utopia, as I once thought, but for now it is my home.

Thank you

Edited by tuliptorn

To me, after silence means having a family of people that you can love and trust and relate to you, who you know will never judge you and accept you just the way you are. It also means the beginning of healing and the breaking down of the sound barrier that survivors have between them and the rest of the world. It means healing. It means hope.

Thank you all so much for you being who you are and being the amazing people you are!!! We can get through this!!! :flowers::hug::up:

i wrote this a while back and figured i'd post it on this thread..

AS means friendship family love and support, healing strength courage home and shelter from the storm. AS means reclaiming our lives, and taking back control over ourselves. AS means standing back up everytime after we fall. AS means the road to our future, to our healing, leading us back to the lives we thought we had lost. AS is a community of brave, strong, beautiful people. SURVIVORS. AS is a saftey net, built and held together by the strength and kindness of all our hearts, stong enough to catch ALL that fall, picking us back up, and getting us all back on our feet again. AS is a part of me. A part of each of us. Something no words in the world could ever describe.

i wrote this a while back and figured i'd post it on this thread..

AS means friendship family love and support, healing strength courage home and shelter from the storm. AS means reclaiming our lives, and taking back control over ourselves. AS means standing back up everytime after we fall. AS means the road to our future, to our healing, leading us back to the lives we thought we had lost. AS is a community of brave, strong, beautiful people. SURVIVORS. AS is a saftey net, built and held together by the strength and kindness of all our hearts, stong enough to catch ALL that fall, picking us back up, and getting us all back on our feet again. AS is a part of me. A part of each of us. Something no words in the world could ever describe.

Wow...that was so beautifully put :flowers:

• 4 months later...

It means connecting with others, and sharing in their beliefs, ideas, joys and pains.

After silence to me, means not being alone anymore.

It is somewhere I can ask for help but do not need to explain why

It is somewhere I can ask for a hug and not get rejected

It is somewhere I can tell my story and not be told I wish you had kept it to yourself

It is somewhere I feel accepted, understood and safe

It is somewhere I feel loved

Thank you after silence

:butterfly:

After Silence gave me a place to voice thoughts I was almost too scared to even think for a long time. In the safety and acceptance of this place, I was able to work through a lot of the ambiguities that tortured me about my situations. Thank you.

After Silence to me means getting back my voice, my CONTROL. It's knowing that I'm not alone in this world, that there are many people out there that understand me for once in my life. It's a feeling of security!