Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Guest renabee

Guest renabee
:( Hello, I am new here, seeking help. I'm 36, yet feel like I am still 12. I thought I had dealt with and moved past all of this years ago (never sought professional help, but God was by my side). However, here I am falling apart once again. What I have seen so far, this is a great place. The stories make me so sad, I mean, I don't feel so alone, but that just means it's happening to so many people. :( I want to be strong again, have confidence, and smile. The dark days are hell on me and those around me....

Hi Renabee! *hugs* I'm so glad you found this place. I hope you will find strength, support, and healing here as I have. We are all here for you, sweetie! You can do it. I believe you are a strong, confident, joyful and beautiful woman, and i know you will reclaim that once again. God is still here by your side. Hold on to hope! All the best!

welcome to After Silence, although I wish you didn't have a reason to be here, I'm glad that you have found us.

It does not matter how long ago it happened or what the circumstances were, we all need a little extra help sometimes and we all face some difficult moments.

Please remember that we are here for you, to support you and to offer you our trust and friendship.

To quote my friend Haullie, it is NEVER to late for a new beginning. Feel free to lean on us, we'll get through this together!

Hugs,

Verena

Guest renabee

Thank you for your support. It's hard today, but not as hard as a few days ago. So, yes, we all get through it, but are these bad days just a warning...a warning to get some help while you are feeling good, or are these blue moods that last weeks going to be something I have to deal with the rest of my life? I am lost and so bewildered on the bad days that I don't know which way is up. Everything around me is foggy and I feel alone. The people who mean the most to me I shove away and miraculously, they are still there happy to hug me and love me when it's over. But they have no idea nor understand what it's like. :( And they feel so helpless.

Guest renabee

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction for counseling? I'm so confused on which doctor to pick...I wish I had a referral from someone they trust. Anyway, do you pick a therapist, counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist, oh boy! I don't want to waste a consultation on the entirely wrong doctor.