Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here - Help

Guest Choc

hello everone. i am truely sorry we have had to all meet thorugh these experiences we have in common.

I am hoping to be accepted here. I am a survivor of date rape. It happened in feb 95. I thought i had delt with it and was hoping to escape the nightmares etc. No such luck. I am writting this at 2.50am and i have joined here because i have just had my first nightmare in 2 years and i am freaked by it and freaked by how i am feeling. I needed to find a community that looked safe and real, hence i chose here. I am normally a strong person but at night i am weak. Seen as the incident happened a few years back i have kind of learned to ask for hellp when i need it, so here i am - help me please.

I now know why the nightmares have started as i am currently helping a friend escape a abusive relationship, (so far with success.), however to gain her trust i read half of my diary from *that time in my life* last week. Good call on her trusting me, bad call on my nightlife. I cant believe that i am writting this. This feels so surreal. I was doing so well. :(

Choc

:hug:

Welcome to the board sweetie. I am really sorry you are having such a difficult time right now, and it is very honorable of you to be helping your friend. We are all here to help you in any way we can. Nightmares are horrible :hammer: . You are for sure in a tough spot with your friend, and she is lucky to have your love and support in leaving an abusive relationship. Make sure you are not over doing it though, if you are hurting again you have to take care of you first. :hug::up: I hope you find the support and help you are looking for here. Let us know what we can do. :up:

Best of Luck,

Jen

:dance: it's morning yey 9.23am and i'm off to work soon*pout*. My night was horrid as were the murderous dreams i woke to this morning:(

Thank-you for replying to me, that helps me a lot. The help you can give to me at the moment is just be there really, as you know it helps to know others are out there and i'm not alone in this mess.

I feel really weird this morning. Very shocked i supose.

welcome..I hope that this wonderful place can help you in your healing journey .. :hug::hug:

:throb: hello and welcome

thank-you so much for all your welcomes...made me smile tonight...its amazing the true power the internet actually has.

i would tell you all my stort form start ot know but to be honest i cant not yet, so please bear with me as i spill it all out in bits all over the place. i know its nothing like the experiences that you people have experienced but it is nice to find somewhere that understands my feelings and fears, so for that i thank-you.

Guest Lutherin

Welcome Choc, I know excatly what your going through I have "Episodes" at night and they normaly last until the wee morning hours of 7:38 apparntly I just had one last night I couldn't go to my boyfriend because I wanted him to sleep. Yet, he tells me to wake him when I'm having an "episode" I just know he needs sleep. Anyway lets get away from my life for a moment. What I guess I'm saying is find someone to be your wings,light in the darkness for it well help you in the long run. SOrry if it seems I'm telling you things you already know I just want to help.

Marie