Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello There!

I've been a part of forums before that dealt with this subject.

To me healing is an ongoing journey, I just want the right place to fall back to for support but I don't want to just fall back all the time, I want to encourage others along their journey just as I have been encouraged by dear friends. The problem is, they have not suffered the criminal act committed against me and so to some extent they fail to understand why I can't just, 'move on.'

I'm just one voice in a sea of voices those speaking of the pain they have endured but also the very fact you all are here speaks volumes to me, you are ready to heal, I am ready to heal.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this forum.

With chocolate to share,

Felicity

___  ___  ___  ___  ___.---------------.  .'\__\'\__\'\__\'\__\'\__,`   .  ____ ___ \  |\/ __\/ __\/ __\/ __\/ _:\   |`.  \  \___ \   \\'\__\'\__\'\__\'\__\'\_`.__|""`. \  \___ \    \\/ __\/ __\/ __\/ __\/ __:                \     \\'\__\'\__\'\__\ \__\'\_;-----------------`      \\/   \/   \/   \/   \/ :                 |       \|______________________;________________|

Welcome here, Felicity! I hope you find the support and comfort from here that so many of us have found. You're right, those who haven't endured the trauma of what we have don't quite "get it". This is full of people who "get it", which is too bad, but, you're not alone. Thanks for the chocolate! Mmm, chocolate :) Looking forward to getting to know you on the forums.

- Courtney

hi Felicity

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay. if you need nay help with anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

take care, Paula

Hi Felicity.

AS is a really helpful place. It's a laid back atmosphere, and everybody is here because they want to heal and they want to help each other. This is a place where no matter how different what was done to you makes you feel, there is always another person here who can really truly understand and offer you their support. I hope you find this place to be as helpful as I have. Please feel free to read and share as little or as much as you're ready to.

Welcome to our community.

@Somerandomguy1985: Thank you so much for the welcome. I am thankful this community exists. I do indeed wish to find those who can understand and be supportive, as I've lacked support at times where I needed it the most. But also as I said, I am want to extend a helping hand to others.

Thank you for having me here.

@Janepp: Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to being a part of this community and am grateful for the wonderful hearts who have welcomed me here. And no problem at all in regards to the chocolate. You likewise take care.