Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All

Poppies

Hello, I'm Poppies, I'm 22 and new here. I'm not entirely sure where to start, save to say that I only became aware of the possibility that I am a "survivor" a few days ago, at least fifteen years after the incident I "survived". Given that, I'm not sure whether I have any entitlement to the term "victim", only that my attempts to process this new information (or old information in a new context, if you prefer) have proved extraordinarily anxiety inducing and confusing. I'm very nervous even being here, because I absolutely don't want anyone else in my family to find out about any of this. Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you, and will at some point get around to explaining why I'm here.

Hi Poppies. :)

Don't feel like you are not entitled to be here. Everyone who is here is entitled to be here and is entitled to heal. I personally denied my abuse for over 30 years and I do understand the awkwardness in wondering if you belong, but trust me, we do. Everyone has different stories here, but we are all connected by a common thread. We were hurt by somebody very badly and we want to heal. You will find a group of kind and supportive members here and they do really care.

Mary

:youcanheal::notalone:

Hi Poppies,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula, and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with any aspect of it, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

hi :) I didn't feel like I belonged here for awhile either, but you will find others with similar stories to yours if you open up just a little here and there at your own pace :) there are so many people here from all around the world I wouldn't worry about anyone finding out your here unless they hack your computer or something lol, but I felt that way at first too. Well im relatively new too and I am 23, my abuse was 8yrs ago so I just wanted to say hi and welcome and you can pm me if you ever need to talk :)

Nice to meet you poppies!