Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Work Issues Forum?

So many of our human issues get dredged up at work. Bosses and supervisors are a common trigger and many of them don't seem to mind. Power issues are everywhere at workplaces. Other survivors struggle to get social security (or local equivalent) benefits in a world that confuses help and "handouts." And of course these days it's hard enough finding a job if that's your only problem in the world. I'm sure there are people with concerns and worries and feelings and ambivalencies about work that would benefit from some sunshine too.

I personally have done a lot of the dirty work of healing at my job (where else can hash out issues with other people's despair at quite the same precision?)

Oooohhhh, I second this! I've gone on several job interviews, and while those are stressful enough, some of them create situations (such as a small office) that makes me panic and mess up even more. I could really use a job....and also tips from survivors on how to cope during interviews. It's stressful not having a job, trying to find one, thinking you got it...and then finding out you didn't.

I think this would also be a great idea as I just aplied for a more full time job yesterday - and I am already scared!!

karen

I agree.