Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

never introduced myself.

Hi My name is San. I am not yet ready to share my story, but I do belong here That I do know. I just started therapy about 7 weeks ago, and still cannot voice what has happened to me. I am trying really hard. I find the support of the survivors here very comforting. Thanks.

San

BARD is an acronym for how I feel inside.

take all the time you need, you don't have to share anything until you are ready to do so. We are here for you no matter what.

Therapy can be such a great help, and you are showing a lot of courage by reaching out to someone.

Love,

Verena

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the wonderful Introduction! :)

It's nice to meet you! Although I'm sorry about the circumstances under which we are meeting.

I know it can be hard to talk about what happened. But you are already showing how strong you are. You are reaching out. You are seeking therapy.

I know how hard it is to do that because I hid it all away inside myself for 10 years. I never told anyone. Not even my parents.

Don't feel you have to share right away. You don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable doing. We are all here for you when you are ready.

Love & Hugs,

Jamie