Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Saying Hello

:unsure: Hi..I'm another one who stumbled across this site during a BAD sleepless night..!!!!

I have only recently acknowledged that the problems in my life are the result of the abuse I suffered as a child.I have no confidense,low self esteem,hate myself, I do not mix with people,never allow anyone to get too close...etc etc.. :(

The only other time I spoke of the abuse was when I was 15 and reported the abuser...but after being in care for a few months the case was dropped and i had to go back to them... That totally destroyed my faith in "the system" and people in general....hence it has taken me over 20 years to let it out in the open again..

anyway thats enough for me today...

hello to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all,

Lost_and_alone :blink:

(((((Lost_and_alone)))))

Sweeite your now found and not alone, im sorry that you have any reason to be here but i am glad that you found this place.

Feel free to post as much as you would like and know that we are here for you, your not alone.

((((Safe Hugs))))

Donna =)

Welcome! :throb: Glad you are here...

I am sorry for what you have had to endure, and how much worse the reactions to it from others have made you feel. I understand how it makes you loose faith in just about everything.

Welcome to the board. This is a safe place, you are not alone. Keep posting as you feel comfortable, we are here to listen and help!

Guest searchforlight

Hello, lost_and_alone :hug:

I'm another newbie,I've been here for only a few days but have already found this site to be of tremendous support and a place to release feelings without being judged.I truly hope you find this site to be as helpful.

I am so sorry for the pain your feeling right now :hug:

Love and Light

Michelle

Welcome Lost and Alone:

So sorry that you were so hurt. Glad you found your way here. Hope you will feel not so lost and alone now that you know that we feel with you and for you. :cry:

Be gentle with yourself. We are here and listening :hug::hug:

Heylo :greet:

hope you find the boards a great source of comfort and help,

hugz, fieryfaerie

:throb::hug::throb:

:throb::hug: you aren't alone anymore hon.

The system isn't adequately equipped to deal with these sort of problems. There are still a lot of steps we need to take to ensure the protection of survivors and adequate punishment and/or treatment for victimizers.

I'm sorry for what happened to you as a child. I hope you can find some comfort and support here with us. :)

:hug:

Well I hope that you won't feel lost and alone here .. welcome to AS, and I hope that this place can help on your healing journey .. :hug:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SiempreSelena

:hug: lost_and_alone :hug:

I know how you fell. you're afraid for those who get to close and then find out will leave you. Well that may happen a few times...but it wont happen alot.

Don't blame yourself...it's not your fault. No matter what.

Don't hate yourself...you have alot of people who love you and care for you...no matter how alone you fell.

You may not beable to trust now...but give it time it will come back.

tons of huggies to you :hug::hug::hug::hug: