Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Surviving And Aiming For Thriving

I am a child abuse survivor and it is the first time I call myself that for lack of both knowledge and creativity. I didn't want to be a victim so I hardly ever put myself in that category. I was in the denial stage for years after realizing my memories were real. I am mostly past the anger and bargaining. I don't know what's left but right now I'm trying to stay positive and I'm looking forward to the next stage in this journey. It is the first time I reach out to others and I'm doing so as a means to find my voice and to help me work through my issues. I really want the walls I've put up to come down. Thank you all in advance for your words of encouragement and compassion.

Hello Tsubasa,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for your trauma, but AS is a very supportive site. Like you, I was in a denial...for many, many years. I did find that no matter how I tried to hide from it, it was always there. This site has given me a voice, and I hope it will give you one, too. The next part of the journey is healing. I believe it is possible, tho it may be a long road, but as you probably know, every part of the journey starts with that first step. You've taken that first step by coming here. I believe healing is possible, not just for me, but for you, too. I wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Tsubasa,

My name is Jan, and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us. I hope that you find comfort and support here as you you get to know and connect with others in building a support system for yourself. I'm glad that you are taking this next step n your journey to healing.

If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible.

Take good care,