Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello

I'm new around here and have come because I'm only now, after more than 5 years, beginning to realise the long-term effects my rape as a teenager is having on my life. I'm starting to reach out and ask for help, becuase it's becoming apparent that I can't 'work this out on my own,' that i'm not 'over it' and that i need some advice and support as i figgure out how to deal with this major event in my life.

xoxo

sparephantom

I know who you are and why your here. You are a victim, and you are here because you need to be. To finally reach out is a dynamic step toward recovery. You have taken the first step. How brave you must be to have taken it. Through this web site you will find hope, help, comfort, and so many wonderful and caring people.

Welcome, you have come to the right place.

thank you.

I started to cry this morning after my boyfriend tried to touch me and i squirmed away. He looked so dejected and so sorry for me all at once. He left for work and I thought - this can't go on anymore. I love this man and I want to be with him but i'm broken.

I have to start somewhere so I got online and did a search and ended up here. I've been crying ever since. :cry: As I read other peoples stories and the stories of the people who love them I'm just crying.

Thanks to all of you for being here. What brave and strong people you are. People who have (and maybe still are) been broken like me but are trying to put themselves back together...

:)

sparephantom

Edited by sparephantom

Welcome,

I'm sure you'll find this a supportive place - and it can really help to realise that there are other people going through similar things.

:hug:

Jyo

:hug::hug: Hi Sparephantom, Welcome to after silence, this is an amazing place full of understanding and caring people....well done you've taken the first step...

:hug::hug::hug: Luv Jess

Welcome to After Silence. I hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

weclome to AS.........Michelle

welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Welcome to AS, I hope that being here can help on your healing journey ... :hug: