Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Guest crumble80

Guest crumble80

hello, I'm Claire, I'm new, and very nervous.

I have been a member of a depression group for a very long time, and am also an administrator on that site, I don't feel able or safe to post about myself personally there. Its silly i know, but i feel like if i talk about me then i won't be any type of support to the members there...

I haven't discussed this in detail with anyone. I am scared. but i'm not alone, I have a supportive partner, but even then i am unable to share everyting that burdons me.

I will try not to say sorry too much, its a mark of a victim, and takes away control from others, but it is something i do subconsiously. continuously apologise for things out of my control. If i do this then say Claire you're doing it... open your eyes girl...

Hello to everyone

:hug: Hey Claire welcome to after silence....I know how hard it is to post first I shook like mad when I wrote mine but it does get easier and everyone here is really supportive you really have found a great place here :hug::hug: Luv Jess
Guest crumble80

hello, i'm still getting used to the controls too... having a good look around. i've found chat. it will take me a while to be active all through the site though...

(((Claire)))

Welcome to AS sweetie. :) I understand what you mean about posting on the other forum... I belong to a couple of other forums too (and also used to use a depression forum - maybe even the same one :)). And some places just are easier than others... AS is such a friendly, supportive place. I have no doubt that you will feel very at home here.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ruthie

(((((Claire)))))

Its silly i know, but i feel like if i talk about me then i won't be any type of support to the members there...

Its not silly hun, I have seen many people have that same dilemma. But my way of thinking about it is that in order to take care of and support others you must first take care of yourself. (((hugs)))

Good for you for reaching out to us, know that your not alone and that we are here for you.

:hug: :hug:

Welcome!

Donna =)

:) Hi Claire, Welcome to AS

One of the things that I love about AS is that we are understanding and supportive, I say that all the time to newcomers. We understand that it is hard and scary to talk about things, We are supportive because we feel your pain, it is also our pain. We are all helping each other to survive and heal. Here you know that you are not alone.

welcome claire............michelle

welcome to AS claire :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~