Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm nolongeravictim, and my therapist suggested this site to me. I was wondering how are we able to post on other protected forum threads as I would like to talk about a question that has been weighing on me but not on a public forum. I was a victim but am working hard to change that to survivor/warrior for others.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

Once you have made 10 posts, support, games etc, doesn't matter you will be able to access the private forums

Hello, I'm nolongeravictim, and my therapist suggested this site to me. I was wondering how are we able to post on other protected forum threads as I would like to talk about a question that has been weighing on me but not on a public forum. I was a victim but am working hard to change that to survivor/warrior for others.

Hi nolonger!

I'm glad your therapist suggested this site and that you've found us! I am part of the new member support team so I will send you a message about your questions on the passwords okay? NST is here to help if you have any needs. :)

I think it's great that you are making the change in seeing yourself as a survivor and I hope the membership of AS can help support you on the road to healing.

With support,

Activist Ally

Thank you Activist Ally, I actually found the site the night I wrote my blog entry about but 3 days later when I saw my therapist, he wrote down this website and said "even if you just read other's stories, it may help you to realize you are not alone in the way you are feeling right now". Sadly, I know I'm not alone, and it angers me that there are so many innocent individuals who have that innocence stolen from them. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Thank you Activist Ally, I actually found the site the night I wrote my blog entry about but 3 days later when I saw my therapist, he wrote down this website and said "even if you just read other's stories, it may help you to realize you are not alone in the way you are feeling right now". Sadly, I know I'm not alone, and it angers me that there are so many innocent individuals who have that innocence stolen from them. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Well you are more than welcome and I think it's understandable that looking at the size of our membership can be staggering...however as many as belong here they are only a very tiny percent of all the survivors throughout the world. It is sad and angering but at the same time reassuring to belong in a place where people have a better understanding of what you may have endured. Nobody's story is exactly the same but in general the community here has a much better chance of knowing where you're coming from than many others who aren't survivors might.

I'm glad to know the word has gotten out to some therapists who are recommending After Silence...that's good! :)

Again...welcome to AS and we're glad you found us!

Activist Ally

Welcome nolongeravictim,

I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but happy it was suggested to aide in your healing journey. This is a safe, as you are starting to see, but also has many wonderful and supportive members. We are walking this journey with you.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi nolongeravictim,

Welcome to After Silence. :aswelcomesu:

I am also sorry for the reason that brought you here.

I am also very happy that your therapist suggested joining After Silence.

Your therapist is correct when he stated that reading stories of other survivors can be helpful.

It is helpful in knowing that you are Not Alone.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal: