Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Another New Member, Hey Everyone!

Well, i don't know where to start, so i might as well begin by saying it has been years since I've felt true happiness, and i'm a little too young to be experiencing that, in my opinion. I'm not about to explain my whole story here in the introduction section, for obvious reasons, but let's just say i was diagnosed with depression when i was 13 i believe.

It has only gotten worse.

I've yet to meet my biological family, suffered from bullying and abuse, then, the last straw; rape.

That's all i needed to drive me completely insane. But i'm absolutely glad i found a forum that supports sexual harassment victims and rape victims. It is like a dream come true, therapy is not the same, neither is having a psychologist. I like the idea of bonding with others who are alike me.

Anyways, my name is Aneta, and i'm 18 years old from Chicago :)

Hopefully i stay active on here and meet new people.

Welcome to AS, Aneta!

I'm Leah :) I've been a member of the boards for a while but I had a long hiatus and just came back from it. I've found so much help and love and kindness here, and I hope you find it too. I hope you find healing and happiness, because you deserve it :)

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

Hey!! i'm so glad that you found After Silence!! it's a really great forum full of beautiful souls and so much support!!! i really hope that you find all of the support and friendships that you want :)

if you ever want to chat, my inbox is always open and i look forward to talking with you!!!

ttyl terra

Aneta,

Hello and welcome to AS. You will find this a very supportive site with many understanding members. I am sorry for the traumas you have endured, but healing is possible, and I'm glad you found your way here.

Mary

:supportu:

Well, i don't know where to start, so i might as well begin by saying it has been years since I've felt true happiness, and i'm a little too young to be experiencing that, in my opinion. I'm not about to explain my whole story here in the introduction section, for obvious reasons, but let's just say i was diagnosed with depression when i was 13 i believe.

It has only gotten worse.

I've yet to meet my biological family, suffered from bullying and abuse, then, the last straw; rape.

That's all i needed to drive me completely insane. But i'm absolutely glad i found a forum that supports sexual harassment victims and rape victims. It is like a dream come true, therapy is not the same, neither is having a psychologist. I like the idea of bonding with others who are alike me.

Anyways, my name is Aneta, and i'm 18 years old from Chicago :)

Hopefully i stay active on here and meet new people.

Hello Aneta and welcome to AS (After Silence) :hi:

May I say, you're not just a new member but a very important person? I'm sorry to hear of all the abuse and sexual violence that you've gone through. :( It wasn't fair, you never deserved those crimes, and it was not your fault. You know, I don't think you're insane, I think you've lived through some insane situations and you're dealing with it the best way you can.

Please let myself or any of the Newbie Support Team (NST) members know if you need anything, and once again, welcome! I hope the members of AS will walk with you every step of the way as you walk towards healing and recovery. :doctor:

All strength to you,

Activist Ally

Welcome to AS! I'm new here myself and I am also someone who has depression (recently only officially diagnosed but I've had it for at least 6yrs). Can't remember the last time I felt genuine happiness, to the point where when I feel like I might be getting close to it I feel uncomfortable you know? Because in a lot of ways it's a new feeling I haven't been used to for a while and don't know what to do with it. Depression is extraordinarily difficult to deal with and in a lot of ways still has a stigma attached to it, young or older. We're all here because of horrific things that have happened to us, but this place is a blessing and I hope you'll find solace and support here. You deserve it :hug:

Welcome!

I'm new here too; also incredibly happy to have some people who might relate to. If you ever want someone to talk to, my door is open. Personally I'm a little nervous to talk to some of the more senior members further down the road than me (simply because I'm still a little unfamiliar with the crowd), and if you ever have similar feelings, feel free to chat me (or in general).

Looking forward to healing together :)

Mailee