Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Beginning

Hello,
I've never done this way to meet other survivors before, so I apologies if I post anything triggering or insulting. I dont want to hurt anyone in any possible way.

Quick recap of myself..
In the past 5 years, my life has shattered
Due to the fact that ive been sexually assulted 5 times, raped 3 times, sexually and emotionally abused 2 times, and sexually harassed by 1. ( all in the past 5 years )
I was then diagnosed with anxiety, PTSD, and eating disorder.

Ive seeked help from multiple doctors and therapists, sadly though ive also experienced not so helping professional help, but have lucky found the right therapist a year ago
The problem is that even though I see her once a week, I still havent been able to fully except my past and move on ...
Reason for why I have choosen to seek help on the internet from other survivors .... not alot of people in my life know what ive been threw due to the fact they dont understand what its like and also the fact im to scared to tell others ..

As its a new year begins
Ive decided to make this the year that I can live once again and finally be able to tell my story without doubt or fear

If anyone needs someone to talk to im more then happy to help
I cant promise you that I will be the greatest help, but I can promise to try my best and be honest with you

-A

Edited by mulrooneya

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

No one will hate you here, this site is full of the most wonderfully understanding and supportive people from all over the world

Hi!

It sounds like you've been through a terrible time with all those awful things having happened. :( I totally understand wanting to get more support from other survivors and so I'm glad you've found AS (After Silence) which I hope will be a safe and supportive place to help meet your needs.

I look forward to getting to know you better and wanted to let you know I'm here to help in any way I can.

Activist Ally

Edited by ActivistAlly

So pleased you found a good T.Sounds like you've had a terrible few years. It goes like that, sometimes.But you've survived, you are stronger than you think and if theres any way I can help, I'm happy to.I certainly don't have all the answers but sometimes it helps to get another perspective on a problem from people who've experienced similair issues.

Not sure any of us ever fully accept our pasts.

The things we experienced were unnacceptable- thats kind of the problem! I'd say, try not to be too hard on yourself.Getting through each day with fewer flashbacks, building more positive experiences and memories, these are things yout therapist can help you with and in time the perspective will alter, in its own time, in my experience. Good Luck