Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Everyone

Hello, I am new to the forums and I have been through a really rough time this much. This has been my first step to trying to cope with what happened. I'm nervous but very proud of myself. I hope this forum can help me greatly. Thank you for this! <3

Hi lostgirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry to find you hear, as this means you suffered a horrible trauma. I am happy tho to tell you that you have found a very supportive site. The members here are kind and understanding. It is understandable to be nervous, but remember that we've all been new at one point, and do know how you feel. Being proud of yourself? You should. It's not easy to take any step, but the first one is always hardest, and you have done it! I wish you well as you journey on your healing path.

:notalone:

Mary

Thank you very much! It was hard even first to even say it happened to me. To me months for myself to actually believe what had happened. I told my closest friend first and now I came on here. It took me a very long time, but I finally am trying to cope with what happened to me. <3

• 3 weeks later...