Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello to all!

Guest NewFoundLife

Guest NewFoundLife

Hello everyone! I am a 43 yr old survivor of child sexual and physical abuse. I am taking back me and my life. I will not let them win any longer. With the help of my wonderful hubby, supportive Bob, I am moving up and moving on. I am glad to see that this is a place for survivors to come and feel free and safe. Thank you to those who started this site and keep it running.:)

[Edited on 4/1/2004 by Lindy]

NFL, Welcome to this board - although I'm sorry that life experiences have made it as such for you to seek this place out - I am glad you found us - I offer an additional welcome to Bob - I'm so glad you have the such a supportive husband.

Bless you both,

Balue

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by BalueMana]

Hi there,

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but glad you have found us. I hope that in time you grow to love this place as much as I do.

I'm happy you have such a wonderful and supportive hubby...welcome aboard Bob!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

*Changed your font color on your post so that our lovely members can read it*

Thank you for the welcome. NFL finally got the courage to tell me of her ordeal about a month ago. It answered a lot of questions... in her behavior, but even more so in the behavior of her adoptive father, and explained why she was in an arranged married to a cheating wife beater... But know, that my support is totally selfish... NFL is the sweetest woman I have ever meet, and in this short month, she has had the weight of the world lifted from her sholders, and there is more of the lady I fell in love with... I am the benificary of her raised self estem, and new found, though yet frail confidence... Every day is a grand adventure with her... even the days with some tears, as the tears are the morning for the child inside

Welcome to After Silence.

I hope this difficult road will be a little easier to travel with the help and support of our community. It is wonderful to see how love and support can make the difference in the life of a survivor.

Wishing you both the best,

Verena

Guest freed

welcome NewFoundLife and SupportiveBob.

Though i am sorry that you have the need to be here, i'm glad you've decided to seek support in healing and i welcome you both

freed

Welcome NewFoundLife, you are not alone here. Be gentle with yourself.

Welcome too SupportiveBob. I found what you said very beautiful: "the tears are the morning for the child inside". Thank you for saying it.

(((hugs)))

tulip

WElcome to both of you! I am so glad you found this place. I am sorry for all you have endured, NFL. YOu are such a courageous woman. Both of you are so lucky to have each other. That is so beautiful! I am here if you ever need anything!

love clarissa

Thank you all. I suppose that I have been ready for NFL"s revelation for a long time. There were too many things that had clued me in, and that her abuse in her first marriage didn't explain... actually the fact that she stayed in an abusive marriage for 17 years didn't make any sense... with a man that cheated during the engagement, and a mother that told her he was "sowing his wild oats"... was the craziest thing I'd ever heard... but at 46 growing up, I had a girlfriend that's mother wanted to pimp her out to step-dad so he'd continue to put a roof over their head, has messed with my head, all my life... at the time I was 17 and told my parent's and they said it was none of our business... I have been appealed with myself, for not taking it further.... but at 17, I was quite naive... now I am not... actually if there were a 3rd gender, that is the one I think I'd choose to be, though, I doubt it would be much better... in the 2 cases of incest I am personally familiar with, the Mom's were totally cognizant through the whole ordeal... there are times I despise the human race, and the depths of evil that are perpetrated... hmm.. I know this isn't the right forum for this venting, but I don't have access to the others... please delete this if it is inapproiate... I am angry at the perpetrators, the enablers, the society that glorifies and titilizes rape and the domance of woman... I too am angry at the effects this media blitz has had on me also, I am not nearly as appalled as I want to be... heads should roll... I am thankful there is a God, and I firmly believe in the Old Testament rendition, that says an eye for an eye... the beauty that is squandered in the name of lust sickens me to my soul.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Suportive Bob]

Guest Madonna

Hi and welcome! I am glad that you are here to heal with us :)

Your post sounded so positive! I'm glad that you have a supportive husband. We can all beat this together.

Madonna

Hi ((NFL)),

Welcome to the forum. I am so glad that you are getting over your childhood abuse and away from an abusive marriage, and have found such a loving and caring husband.

Welcome Bob, I'm glad that you are so supportive to your wife when she needs you the most.

Kelsie

Guest PeacefulHeart

NFL and SB,

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! It's wonderful to have another powerful, positive influence here! Positive power builds positive power! Thank you for finding us!

PH