Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Important question from a new and VERY confused girl

Guest LostRock

Guest LostRock

In the back of my mind I have always had this feeling like I was molested as a child. But i just passed it off as "Oh that could never happen to me..."

I have this uncanny ability ever since I was little to suppress and make light of heavy situations and i cant help but think that I may of done the same during some traumatic period in my childhood.

The pieces are starting to fit together as I grow older. At the ripe ol age of 18 I am attracted to older men, have trust and commitment issues in relationships. I come off cold and frigid as a barrier to keep myself protected from getting hurt. And I often come off emotionally void to most.

I never thought of any of this as a problem, just a quirk that maybe therapy could cure down the line when I had money and the insurance to cover it.

However, tonight my sister who is three years older than myself (21). Came to me with the same feeling and said she had felt it all along as well and it wasnt until a friend had told her that her and I had symptoms of victims of molestation that she ever really thought about the possibility.

I am so confused and want to get to the bottom of this so I can heal from whatever I have inside. I would be nice to feel normal...

Please, suggestions or help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Guest sleepysmile

I wish I could tell you if anything had happened to you as a child... unfortunately if you have suppressed any traumatic memories, they may be very difficult to recover.

Just remember that as you explore your past, we are here to listen and offer our support through whatever you find.

I think it's good that you are focused on healing; whatever the cause of your relationship issues, keep your mind on becoming comfortable with yourself and the world around you. If my life is any indication, it's normal not to feel normal...

welcome to the message board. we are always here to listen.

love,

Stacia

(((Lost Rock)))

Welcome to After Silence! I, too, cannot say whether or not you have been molested as a child. I wish there was an easy answer. But like Stacia said, I (as well as the others here) am here for you. Through your discovery process, you will not have to be alone because we will support you. Take gentle care of yourself!

(((Hugs)))

Lindsay