Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi everyone,

I am going to give this a try! I need to find a safe place to deal with all my varied emotions. I am in therapy but I always feel like my time is up once I am ready to dive in. Guess my timing is just off. Since my attack, which I am not ready to describe yet, I have isolated myself. I now work from home and can go days without ever leaving the house. I have also managed to gain 45 lbs in the process. No one, who remains in my life, understands why I am overeating, moody and afraid to go out. For a long time, I thought they were right, I needed to stop dwelling on it - move on!!! Well it has been 3 years now and that isn't working. I am not sure if I will want to talk or lurk, I guess I will just take it as it comes.

MsD

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

You're like me :) I'm hiding away too! If it wasnt for my dogs, I wouldnt go out from one week to the next!

Welcome to the board. I joined yesterday for the same reasons you just posted, and everyone has been really, really lovely :)

Hi there and welcome to AS! I joined a few months ago and I find myself here everyday. I haven't left my house in a month because of severe panic attacks. I am on medication and it is making me feel a bit better while I'm at home which wasn't the case for awhile but I am still isolating myself from everyone. This place has brought me so much comfort and I hope it will for you too even if you have to lurk and aren't ready to talk. We will be here for you whenever you are ready!

Take Care,

Grace :)

Welcome to As, Ms D :hug::hug::) I'm glad you found this place and decided to join. Don't feel bad if all you want to do is lurk. When you're ready to talk or join in on a conversation, we'll all be listening :bighug: Everyone is very kind and patient and know what you're going through.

Jewel :wub:

Welcome MsDanialle,

Im glad you found us :)

Take your time, It's ok if you don't immediatly post, just do what feels

right. Just know that we're here to listnen.

:hug:

Love,

SLG

Welcome to AS. :) Look for as long as you like and if you choose to post, you will get a lot of understanding from those of us who are in the same spot or have been able to move past it.

Hugs,

Kelly

Welcome to AS! This is a wonderful community filled with truly caring people!!

Kelly

:greet: Hi MsD :greet:

Welcome to After Silence. Just take your time and post when you feel ready.

Its also been three years since I was attacked and like you I recently had someone tell me to stop dwelling on it, I understand how hurtful stupid comments like that are. :hug::hug::hug:

Welcome to After Silence sweetie...I have felt nothing but safe here...hope to see you around and get to know you

:hug::hug::hug:

Linds

welcome to AS sweetie :bighug:

~charlene~