Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone. I am Lauren (obviously lol). I am 23 years old. I grew up in Philadelphia and just recently moved across the bridge to New Jersey. I am a college student majoring in Psychology.

Hmm...well I just started to really work on my abuse issues ( rape at 14 and 22--two different men)... I have been in therapy for years and years, but it is only until now that I am sober and eating ( I am in recovery from drugs and anorexia).

Dealing with this stuff is so hard. I do not have ANY friends ( pathetic I know), and my family is anything but supportive. I am seeing a rape crisis counselor who is wonderful, but I think I need more than just an hour once a week. I need friend or people to talk to who understand what I am going through. I have no self esteem, and I feel like such a loser....a dirty disgusting loser. I am so incredibly lonley....So anyway, thats why I thought I would write in.

Thank you all for letting me join this board.

Take Care

Lauren

Hello Lauren! :hug: I'm sorry to hear that life has you down, but we'll certainly be here to listen to you and encourage you to heal :) I'm new here, too, but I like it already. I hope you stay and make lots of friends and start feeling better with yourself. :wub:

Welcome toAS .......... :hug:

welcome to the boards lauren :bighug:

~charlene~

welcome to AS Lauren!!! Sounds like you're getting your life on track and that's great!

lauren,

i'm so sorry you had to go through that twice. i'm glad that you are sober and eating now. welcome to AS. i'm 25 and have a lot of similar feelings to what you describe. my self esteem has gotten better... i still have hardly any friends. especially friends i can actually TALK to about how i feel and what is going on. i have a lot of online friends through my livejournal, which helps... you can email me if you want to talk at butterfly_girl232@yahoo.com. i hope this community helps you...

xoxo

jessica

Hi Lauren,welcome to AS,and hope you will soon feel at home here with us.I am the same,and I think many people here are as well,I can relate to you,not having many friends I dont either,and I find it very hard to make permanent friends.I wish you well here,and good luck with your studies in Pyschology,I am studying Counselling and Psychotherapy so we have to do psychology as well.!!!!!!! Hugs Button :hug::hug:

Lauren

hugs your way lots of em if you dont mind (aw it dont let me hug u too much lol) :hug::hug::hug::hug:

cos i knwo soemwhat what your feeling as im a recovering user (addcit/alcohloic) to well sort of anyway but i know how hard it is for you in addition to deal with the other isses in ur life i hope and pray you find inner peace and peace of mind hon im lonley to so hugs to u :hug::hug:

jason