Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newtoo

Hello everyone,

Its been two years since the flashbacks started. I'm joining this forum as a result of events that occured after being placed in the home of a sexual predator as an exchange student many years ago. I was in Asia when the incidents occurred, and in Europe when I started to recover the memories. I'm originally from North America. (Sorry to be so vague, but I REALLY don't want to be identified).

I'm mostly through the healing process but struggling with the "letting go" and "moving on" concepts. I've been scanning these message boards trying to make sense of it all, and I found it was very helpful to me throughout the process of healing. It took me a while, but after two years I finally garnered the courage to join in as a "member". It seems that its a really supportive group, and the postings have been more helpful to my healing process than any of the other survivor support groups I've seen.

Guest queenie

((sojourner))

:hug:

I just wanted to welcome you to After Silence! It sounds like you have gone through a lot and I am sorry you have reasons for being here. It is a very brave step to join the board and I am sure you will find us a great support system. Take your time to look around the rest of the board that is not made public.

((Sending Lots of Love))

:throb:

queenie

Welcome im sorry u have 2 b here-i hope u find the healin peace u want & need....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie :) xoxo

Welcome to After Silence. I also get a lot out of reading the posts here. It is a feeling of knowing that there are others in this crazy world who "get it" and that is very comforting to me, although I am sad they know these things too.

Keep reading and post more when you are ready.

Hugs,

~Kelly

:hug: Welcome to After Silence!

Take precious care of yourself.

Tracy

Guest healingcop

I understand your reason for being so vague - I went through the very same thing when I first posted on this board quite a while back. Being attack & raped and being a cop as well made me question and wonder if I had made a mistake posting and letting people know that I was a cop. I only worked the streets in a patrol car for two years before I moved up - needless to say, I was scared to post at all.

I tend to be very protective and want to fix everything, maybe that is why I do what I do but in any event, I wish I could make your flashbacks go away. I go through the very same thing and get so frustrated because I feel like I should be able to control them , better yet, stop them completely. If nothing else, just know that I am going through the very same thing right now so I understand.

Thanks again for your reply in my opening posts!

healingcop

Thank you all for your replies :wub:

Healing cop, big hugs to you and hats off for keeping making the world safer for us all. I used to work with the police department in Chicago (not as a cop). I got to hear the transmissions over the radio. Wow. You're an :inn:

I've only been a member for a couple of days but this is such a great support group. I've learned so much from the postings - you are all so good at being supportive and friendly and always so positive.

:hug:

I hope I can learn from you all.

:throb::throb::throb::throb::throb:

Guest aussiesurvivor

Hi sojouner :) I am also sorry you have to be here :( but I know you will find lots of support here.I am also a newbie & the support I have recieved so far is just wonderful & I have just gotten back from holidays & you have responded to some of my posts with very encouraging words,Thankyou :throb: I hope you feel comfortable here.

Aussie :wub: