Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Guest mouseisa

Guest mouseisa

I've been sitting here for about 20 minutes 'cause I'm not sure what to write. I want to say the "right" things, but I'm not sure what that is so here goes...

My name is Mouseisa ("Mouse" for short :blush: ), I'm 36 years old, married with no kids :cry:, but I do have three cats that I can play pretend with.

In short I'm here because I was sexually abused while growing up and have had a few other bad experiences. I hope I eventually have the courage to share my story as so many of you so bravely have. I'm sorry we all need a place like this, but I'm so thankful that a place like this does exist.

I spent some time reading through a couple of the forums today and "AS" really seems like a great place to be. I liked the feeling of "family" I got while I was reading.

I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. Everyone seems so caring and comfortable and I hope I'm able to become a part of that with you. I even saw a couple names of people I know from other sites so I know this has to be a great place.

Thanks for listening I hope I haven't gone on for too long...

Mouseisa

((Mouseisa))

Don't be scared to say anything 'wrong'. You can't say anything 'wrong'. A lot of the time I just type what comes to mind when I rant...Anyways, I'm glad you've found us, sweetie. I hope you find this place to be as supportive and loving as I have. Don't **ever** worry about making posts too long, or typing too much - you can't. :hug: I'm sorry you've been through so much pain. Remember that we're here to listen and support you. In time, if you like, you can share bits and pieces of your story with us. I'm glad you've found us.

((safe hugs))

<3

Alex

Edited by your.beautiful.mistake
Guest Eclipse

Hi Mouse! :) I'm still finding my way around the board too, and everyone here is just so warm! It is hard to introduce yourself isn't it? It's nice to meet you!

What Alex said is so completely true!

Don't worry, we are here to listen, to laugh, to cry. To talk about anything and yes.. everything that anyone could possibly want to talk about. This place is GREAT for getting out all those negative emotions that we are 'taught' to keep inside. You're very brave too, because you made it and you're here :) All of us will be ready to listen whenever you're ready.

<3

Mouse,

Welcome to After Silence. Sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I'm glad you've come to this wonderful and supportive community.

Take gentle care, love.

Lindy

Welcome, please take your time and I hope that you find this place helps with your healing journey :hug:

Guest mouseisa

Thank you everyone for your wonderful replies. Sorry I haven't gotten back here in a few days, we were part of the part of the hurricane that hit the Carolina's. Didn't get hit hard, but were supposed to, then I had a few hectic days.

I already feel like I'm part of your family here and I really do thank you for all the welcoming replies, it really helps to make it easier to feel comfortable. I'm always a little bit slow at first, but once I start you usually can't shut me up, but I go in streaks - I'm more of a replier than a poster. Somehow talking about me is scarier than talking about you, but it's a challenge I'm working on.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Thank you again for being so great welcoming me here.

Mouseisa

Guest butterfly

Hi Mouse,

Im new too. Ive been doing alot of looking around the last few days and I like everthing I see. I excited to be here. I was also sexual abused as a child and have just started the healing......It hurts

Take Good Care

butterfly

Guest mouseisa

Hi Butterfly,

Good to meet another newbie... I'm really glad I found this place aren't you? I'm still in the reading phase, I haven't had much time for replying or posting yet, but things should settle down pretty soon. I have a little bit of time right now and I'm going to go in and read some posts (maybe attempt some replies - wish me luck). Welcome to you too!

Luv,

Mouseisa

hey mouse,

im sure you'll find all you need here

love and hugglez :throb: