Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

How Do I Put A Picture By My Name?

So -

lots of people have these neato images that show up near their names.

I not only do not know how to put one on there....

I also want to know where you get them!

I mean - there are neato pictues all over the web - but

how do you put them where you want to put them?

and by the way - what is an Avatar?

can you help me - or am I just too "end user" to help?

thanks!

Edited by hopeprays
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope,

I'm sorry nobody replied to this sooner. If you go into your control panel, labelled My Controls at the top of your page, you will see a list on the left hand side of the page. if you scroll down that list, you will see a topic that says Edit Avatar Settings (your avatar is your picture info). You can either choose one of the AS photos in the gallery there or upload a photo of your own. If you want to upload one of your own, then you will have to get a picture file (also so called a jpeg file or .jpg) onto your computer from somewhere and then upload that file onto your AS Avatar Settings.

I hope that all makes sense! Feel free to pm me if you can't figure it out.

Have fun!

:flowers:

I had given up hope on an answer to this!

so nice of you!

thanks - I am going to try it...

I am sorry I didn't see this sooner too - however techiness is not my strong point! I had to get help to post mine because it was too big - if you need any more help please feel free to post again or contact me

There are lots of sites that you can download avatars from - or you can upload a photo of your own - but please remember avatars that are animated are not permitted as they slow the loading of the board for some members

karen

where do I find pictures that are nice to download?

I just want a flower - or some bamboo or something....

do you know where I can look?

If you type in "open source images - bamboo" for example into google images, you should probably be able to find something nice. open source means that anyone can use it. then all you have to do is right-click on it with your mouse. Hit "save as" - type in the name you want to call it, ie bamboo.jpg and save it onto your desktop.

from there, you can go into your control panel and then hit "search" to find your file and it should be fairly straightforward on how to upload it onto your site. as mentioned, it's good to find smaller images. I'm not really sure how to make them smaller, so if you are having difficulty, you may have to just find a new picture or ask someone else to help with that.

Hope that helps. good luck!

If you type in "open source images - bamboo" for example into google images, you should probably be able to find something nice. open source means that anyone can use it. then all you have to do is right-click on it with your mouse. Hit "save as" - type in the name you want to call it, ie bamboo.jpg and save it onto your desktop.

from there, you can go into your control panel and then hit "search" to find your file and it should be fairly straightforward on how to upload it onto your site. as mentioned, it's good to find smaller images. I'm not really sure how to make them smaller, so if you are having difficulty, you may have to just find a new picture or ask someone else to help with that.

Hope that helps. good luck!

look what you helped me do!

I found a bamboo grove to sit by my name

and a panda chomping on some bamboo to put in my profile.

I feel dressed!

thanks heaps, dodo and briarrosa!

I am all giggly....