Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello... New And Nervous

Hi. I really can't believe I am posting in a public area, but wanted to take the first step and introduce myself. I am not sure if I will find what I need here, but it is worth a shot.

Nervous, yet hopeful...

SJ

Hi SJ,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry you have a reason to be here, but please know you have found a safe and supportive site. The members here are truly kind and understanding. I felt as you do, when I first came...many of us do. But there is no rush, so take your time, look around and hopefully the nerves will fade away. The biggest thing I've found here, other than the support, is my own voice. Perhaps you will be able to find yours, too, in time. I wish you will on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

I was nervous too, but it was either this or going to a support group in person, which gave me even more anxiety. The anonymity afforded here made me less nervous but I decided to just jump in and give it a try. I'm so glad you did, too! I hope you find what you are looking for and that you get the support and help you need!

Take care,

Connie :tealribbon:

Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading through the site and I am amazed at the courage of everyone, sharing their stories and helping each other. I hope that I can gather the nerve to become part of that too. I am still working to come to terms with the reason I am here.

Thanks again,

SJ

Hello and welcome to AS

my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you have any questions please contact me or one of the team

take care,

Paula