Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Unsure...

It's been about 10 years since I was sexually abused and raped. I was 7-8 years old. I have only ever told one person, who is my boyfriend of a year and two months. After I told him, he asked me if I would be interested in talking to people that have been in similar situation, and know what I am feeling. Until recently, I was never really open to that. It's been my biggest and most dreadful secret ever, that I never really thought anyone would understand. But now since it's been affecting my relationship, I figured it was time to open up and try to see if this helps. I need someone to talk to about it.

Welcome! I'm probably not the best to help in this situation, as I was not a victim of CSA - just SA - but I do have listening ears. I'm sorry that it happened to you :( I will be honest - I'm still very fresh on my SA and my emotions are all over the place again right now ... and I'm busy with my kiddos during the day, so my chances of getting on are slim/iffy some days. There are some great resources on here - so make sure you browse around to see what you can find :)

Hey INTT,

I'm Forest - You'll find me around the boards, and especially in chat quite a lot. Welcome to AS. I'm sorry you have to be here. I've always found AS to be very supportive though, and there are lots of different boards for all different things. See you around the boards,

Take gentle care (Tgc),

Forest x

Hi Ineedtotalkxx,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about your childhood trauma. I think many of us know about big, bad secrets, and it isn't easy. Please realize tho, this was not your fault, and your abuser should be the one with shame, not you. You have found a very supportive and safe place. The members here are kind and understanding. You are not alone on this site and we all walk this healing journey together. I wish you well.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello! I'm glad you decided to share. I'm new here, too, and I already feel welcome and believe I made the right choice to come here. It sounds like your boyfriend is supportive, so I hope your relationship works out well. I am 54 and my abuse happened from ages 6 to 13. It came back to haunt me in my 30s because I never dealt with it when I was young; I suppose I really didn't know how, and by the time I was your age, I had become good at blocking it out and pretending it never happened. I'm so glad you are dealing with it now. It is really hard, but the sooner you face it, the better. I hope you find what you need here; if not, please consider therapy of some kind. It can be invaluable in the healing process.

Many blessings!

Connie :tealribbon:

Hi ineedtotalkxx,

I wish you luck on your journey and that you find all the help you need. I was a little bit older than7-8 when it happened to me, just remember that you aren't alone.

Many wishes,

Krissy413

Hello and welcome to AS, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you're finding your way around the board okay, if you have any questions please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula