Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

I worked really hard last week, so I bought a tablet for photoshop. Hopefully I can express myself through art as well as working on simple web design projects. I also got poster-putty type stuff to hang art on my bedroom walls to make it feel less like a "prison I trapped myself in" and more like my personal space.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I did some pre-holiday browsing for my friends' gifts. And I priced the ingredients for my holiday specialty dish and...I guess you could say I did some careful daydreaming about what a good holiday season could be.

Today I ordered my new shoes! They've got all kinds of extra support but look like a normal running shoe.

I bet at least half my knee pain lately has been due to worn out shoes; I'll get the new ones on the 5th!

I splurged on salad fixings. I mean no holds barred salad extravaganza. This salad contains four food groups and is worth more than I usually spend on groceries in a week.

I worked on things for my homeless box. I made a lined hood designed especially for homeless people and previewed some ideas for sewing a lined mitten. I also went shopping and added chapstick and socks to the collection.

I baby-sat 5 grandchildren while my daughter could go earn some money in her business. Being 63 and taking care of 5 children is certainly different than raising 8 children during my 20's- 30's and 40's. My health was better then- but I do not want to complain- I am just glad that I can help my daughter and her family in some small way! My exhusband came by...he is getting ready for major surgery...he wants to divide the last of our household items- which means he probably will sell our house. I feel sad...now I feel the pain that I am really losing the only home I have ever loved or cared for...and dividing up the possessions- "one for you, one for me.." ...40 years of having to put up with his verbal abuse and now it is coming down to this- ending with nothing! and all because he could not treat me good...

I baby-sat 5 grandchildren while my daughter could go earn some money in her business. Being 63 and taking care of 5 children is certainly different than raising 8 children during my 20's- 30's and 40's. My health was better then- but I do not want to complain- I am just glad that I can help my daughter and her family in some small way! My exhusband came by...he is getting ready for major surgery...he wants to divide the last of our household items- which means he probably will sell our house. I feel sad...now I feel the pain that I am really losing the only home I have ever loved or cared for...and dividing up the possessions- "one for you, one for me.." ...40 years of having to put up with his verbal abuse and now it is coming down to this- ending with nothing! and all because he could not treat me good...

((((hugs)))) if ok. I'm sorry you are losing your home like this.