Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello. I was so happy to find this site as i left my job a year ago to tidy up a whole lot of unfinished business including finally cutting off my father for his abuse of me. I wrote him a letter in 2002 and then descended back into workaholism. But now I'm ready and I'm not scared anymore. Looking forward to learning from you and sharing our journeys of recovery.

Welcome to the AS family.

I hope you find this place to be welcoming and helpful to you. There are a lot of great people on this site.

It's okay if you need a little time to get comfortable with this place before you begin to share a lot of details of your own story, but I will tell you from experience that if and when you are ready to share, you will not be judged or blamed.

Once you've made your first 10 posts a lot of things in the site will become accessible, so don't be alarmed if you can't get into chat for instance.

Take care,

Guy

Welcome to the boards Rosa!

My name is MAndy and i'm apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. If you have any questions at all please free to send me a message and I'd be more than happy to help. Good for you for taking all those steps!!!! I'm glad you found us and I hope we can support you at a time like this. I hope to see you around the boards!!

Mandy