Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

The Healing Quotes Thread!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The pain of the truth is not nearly as bad as, pretending the truth does not exist"

unknow

"Black bird singing in the dead of night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life you have only waited til this moment has arrived.

Black bird singing in the dead of night. Take these sunken eyes and learn to see. All your life you have only waited for this moment to be free."

Beatles

"Acknowledge each feeling (as it arises), and then let it go.

If you do not continue with it, then you will be free of that feeling.

Similar thoughts and feelings may come again,

but just treat them the same."

~ Diana St. Ruth

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.---- unsure of author, maybe king david, but is in the bible somewhere may possibly have misquoted a word or 2

for a long time I was mad at God and am just now starting to feel spiritual once more

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.

"To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all...that is genius...

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the luster of the firmament of bards and sages.

Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 year later...

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

-Dr. Seuss :)

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean

Through my years of pain, I've learned that moments are so precious. Time is irreplacable and people glorify and prioritize so earthly. I've learned that it's the most humbling thing in the world, though untangible. I love time, it does many things. But it's as dangerous as it is wonderful. I love this quote:

“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” -
Win Borden

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."---Matthew 11:29

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

i think that's a great one for us all. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"what lies before us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

a good friend of mine at work told me Jesus says...."it's okay to come totally apart, i put you together once and i can do it again."

"practice being positive in each situation that arises even if whatever is taking place at the moment is not so good, expect God to bring good out of it."

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

i think that's a great one for us all. :)

i love this....thanks so much for posting, i think i'm gonna put this on my myspace!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are a survivor, it means you have strength. Always see yourself as a survivor and not a victim. Believe in yourself that you have the strength and ability to move forward with your life. You want to get to a stage where the past does not affect your everyday life. As a child who was abused, you had no choice what happened to you. As an adult you do have a choice and you can choose which path you take - a path towards negativity, destroying yourself as a person, continually blaming yourself and putting yourself down - or you can choose a path towards healing and recovery. Learning to like and love yourself, praise yourself, value yourself, take the blame and guilt off your shoulders, be positive, start to achieve what you want to achieve in life, move towards happiness, love, fulfillment. The choice is yours.

http://womanspathway.com/articleabuse.html

the only one i can think of at the moment is:

"although the world is filled with suffering, it is also filled with overcoming it." - helen keller

Edited by ~*chelsea*~

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatsoever state I may be in, therein to be content."

-Hellen Keller

"In the process of defining myself, I have a tendency to set up rules and boundaries and then forget that rules are made to be broken, as are boundaries to be expanded and crossed."

-Kathleen Casey Theisen

Edited by Timeless

Most of my favorites have already been posted. :) Here are some others, though.

"Sorrow comes in great waves. . .but it rolls over us, and though it may almost smother us, it leaves us. And we know that if it is strong, we are stronger, inasmuch as it passes and we remain."

- Henry James

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

-Anonymous

"Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You have a choice, and the choice can be power."

-Blaine Lee

There's only now

There's only here

Give in to love

Or live in fear

No other road

No other way

No day but today

-Rent, written by Jonathan Larson

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams -Eleanor Roosevelt

Everybody sails alone

But we can travel side by side

Even if you fail

You know that no one really minds

-Heal Over by KT Tunstall

This is a great thread... I'll come back because I know I have more but this is all I can think of at the moment.