Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

megan

Hi all, my name is Megan, and I'm new to this site. I've been struggling in silence with my abuse for almost my whole life. It's only been in the past year that I've had the courage to begin speaking up about it. And sometimes I feel so lonely and dark. It seems that there are self-help groups for just about anything you could ever want but this...how to get off drugs, alchohol, sex. How to lose weight. But what I want is a place where I can talk about the fact that some nights I hate going to bed, that some days I wonder if I'll ever be able to truly love another human being, that some moments I think I could crumble into a million pieces...I'm hoping that I have finally found a place to feel at home...

Welcome Megan :hug: i'm new here too :) and I can definately relate to what you said, I've perfected the art of insomnia simply because I cannot stand going to bed, going to sleep...and I often worry about whether I'll ever be capable of holding together a relationship for more than 5 years at a time, just know you are not alone! I've just begun this long journey myself, having pushed the truth down so far that I am having a hard time now trying to bring it to the surface so I can start to make some changes and start to feel good about myself again. Anytime you need to talk, just give me a shout, i'm almost always online. I hope you are able to find comfort and support here, this forum is full of some very wonderful and amazingly strong ppl.

now i'm going to go wander off and sulk, having an emotional day :(

Megan,

Welcome to After Silence. Hope you find this place to be supportive and encouraging.

Take care,

Lindy

Megan,

Welcome to 'After Silence' we hope that you will find a safe place here to talk about how you feel and maybe help us help you get through some of the things you are going through right now in your life. I know it must be so hard on your right now but we are here to help you pull through and help support you in your time of need. You need strength like anyone else right now.

Love, Haullie

welcome to the boards

love and hugglez :throb:

Guest butterfly

WELCOME :hug::throb::hug:

I HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU NEED HERE....I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE

VERY HELPFUL AND SUPPORTIVE.

HEALING IS HARD...SCARING...LONELY...AND PAINFUL...

YOUR NOT ALONE

BUTTERFLY :hug::throb::hug:

Guest LadyButterfly

Hi,

I am new too... it is not easy to heal, I sometimes still struggle although I think I have heald a fair bit already... but then comes a bad day and I am back to square one! The important thing is not to give up, I think, and to accept that NO ONE is perfect, not we, and no one else either. This I found very difficult, but I am getting better at it.

I am sur ewe will find lots of support here, as well as be able to give lots.

Una