Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Today Is My First Day - Hello!

Enyala

Hi everyone,

Today is my first day actually posting in the forums. I'm looking forward to belonging to a community of supportive and open people who have been through similar things that I have been through.

I am a married mother of two and I work full time, and am trying to start my own business as well. My husband and I are also working hard to get our house ready to sell so we can upgrade - it's a little stressful!

I hope everyone has a great day. :)

Hi everyone,

Today is my first day actually posting in the forums. I'm looking forward to belonging to a community of supportive and open people who have been through similar things that I have been through.

I am a married mother of two and I work full time, and am trying to start my own business as well. My husband and I are also working hard to get our house ready to sell so we can upgrade - it's a little stressful!

I hope everyone has a great day. :)

I am glad to see you reaching out to post on the forums and I want to welcome you to the AS (After Silence) community. I hope by belonging here it will help you feel supported and not alone in recovering from the things that led you to join here. :doctor:

That is great that you are starting your own business! Understandable that all these things are stressful though.

I hope you have a great day too and again, welcome to AS!!!! :hi:

Activist Ally

Hi Enyala,

Welcome to AS! I hope that you will find support here. I'm also a mom of 2 and in awe of what you are taking on right now lol!

SilentG - We all handle things differently. My girls are 3 and 8. I'm also dealing with some medical stuff that makes it much more difficult to deal with stress. I have, however, gone through much, MUCH more stressful and busy periods in my life.

In 2009 I filed for divorce, dated, worked full time, went to school full time, raised my daughter alone with some help from my mom, tried to short sell my house (which ended in foreclosure), finalized the divorce while my ex was in prison, and potty trained my daughter!

So, while it still feels like I'm doing a lot right now, I know I can get through it. :breakdance: