Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Female Mods In The Male Forum?

Hi,

I don't mean to bash our moderation team, AS is a safe site only because of how much work is done by our mods keeping it that way, but I do have to question having female mods moderating the male forum. This was brought up to me by a male survivor as troubling, and I can see why, as if there was a male mod on the female forum that we knew about then I believe I would feel the same way. My friend said that it prevented him from being as open as he would be if it truly was just a forum for males, as it says it is. Is there any way to change this so the male survivors have their own place without female influence or moderation, just as the females have?

Thanks,

Lily :flowers:

Please know that this has been under discussion recently and is something we are very much aware of

best wishes

karen

I wasn't aware of this situation, but thanks for bringing it up, Lily. I totally agree that male survivors here need their own safe space - especially if some of their abusers were women. Thanks for letting us know that the mods are working on this, Becky.

Thanks for your concern Lily. You care deeply about people, that's one thing I love about you.

Love,

Found

i actually had been wondering about this for a while..... i agree that it must be not ok for the male members.

the most obvious solution would be to add a male member to the mod squad? that may be a good idea for other reasons, too.

:flowers:

Lily,

Thanks for bringing this up. It honestly is a bit...awkward...that the male forum is moderated by females. I think the mods we have are doing a great job, and I'd like to thank them for everything they do.

Please know that this is being discussed right now so I will now close this topic -

best wishes

karen