Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am So Confused

...I'm 21 & I recently started having flashbacks of sexual abuse I endured as a young child from an older sibling.

I'm angry. Confused. And lost.

I found this site by accident. But I am so glad I did.

You all seem so supportive.. I just want to feel better.

Hi Jessie,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse that you have suffered as a child. You did not deserved to be hurt and I am sorry that you are now feeling the affects that this trauma has caused. AS is a safe place. It has many supportive and understanding members. You finding this place by accident (I did, as well) and reaching out is a big step. There will be many steps in this healing journey and we are here for you.

Mary

:notalone:

I'm sorry for what happened to you. I know what it's like to start realizing something like this happened to you. It's extremely confusing and painful. I'm glad you found us.

I am so sorry you had to experience abuse at the hands of another family member.

Things will get better soon.

Hang in there.

Sending support and :hug: of okay.

Aloneallthetime

Edited by aloneallthetime

...I'm 21 & I recently started having flashbacks of sexual abuse I endured as a young child from an older sibling.

I'm angry. Confused. And lost.

I found this site by accident. But I am so glad I did.

You all seem so supportive.. I just want to feel better.

Hi Jessiet93,

Welcome to AS (after silence) from the Newbie Support Team (NST)!!! The NST is here to assist you so I hope you will not hesitate to send a pm (personal message) to myself or any other NST member if you have questions or need help!

All strength to you,

Activist Ally