Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Nervous

Hi,

I'm nervous. Besides my therapist, I have no support and I am looking for some.

I have some questions. I PMed a mod, I think. I'm not really sure. I'm tech challenged. Should I ask my questions to the newbie team instead?

Hello Tweeter,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. All the mods and newbie support team are helpful, so I am sure that if the mod you contacted thinks newbie support is more benifial, they will tell you. Be patient, you will get a response. As far as share a story, there is no password, you just have to make 10 posts to automatically gain access. It can be orignal posts by you, or you responsing to others. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Mary,

Thank you so much for the info. It confused me bc when I clicked on "share my story" it asked for a password. Posting 10 times makes sense. I'm really nervous being here. I'm sure that go away w time.

We have all been new once, so I understand the nerves. Time does help, but know there is no pressure or time table here. You will figure it out and will receive the support you need and deserve.

Hi Tweeter3,

:aswelcomesu:

Please do not be nervous here :)

You are safe here.

The member's are very friendly, helpful, understanding and Supportive :throb:

I am very happy that you are seeing a therapist.

AS members WILL Support you.

Feel free to post any questions that you might have, sometimes the Mod's are busy, and you can get a faster answer to your questions from the members :)

Do not worry about being "tech Challenged".

Try and relax, we all felt nervous when we first became members here.

If you make a mistake in a post, a Mod will most likely PM you, and NOT embarrass you in the Forums.

We all make mistakes, so do not take it personally if it should happen to you here :)

:supportu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hello Tweeter,

Just wanted to take the chance and personally welcome you to the boards. I have gotten your PM and will respond to it shortly :) I hope that the bad experience from your previous board does not push you away from here.

Mandy

NST

Mandy,

Thank you. I got your PM and replied. I don't think it will push me away from here. I might be hesitent and nervous, especially at first. My dad used to say, "try everything twice bc the first time you try something might not be a true representation of what you are trying"

Hello Tweeter,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. All the mods and newbie support team are helpful, so I am sure that if the mod you contacted thinks newbie support is more benifial, they will tell you. Be patient, you will get a response. As far as share a story, there is no password, you just have to make 10 posts to automatically gain access. It can be orignal posts by you, or you responsing to others. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thanks for this, I had been wondering about it and also emailed the moderator but didnt hear back. as this is my 9th post--I will see if that important part of the site opens up for me :)

Mary,

Thank you so much for the info. It confused me bc when I clicked on "share my story" it asked for a password. Posting 10 times makes sense. I'm really nervous being here. I'm sure that go away w time.

And, thanks for sharing that because I am very very interested in sharing my story but also quite nervous...nerves get better just knowing I am not the only one.