Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Post

I'm here after a long time of hiding from what has happened to me. I signed up to the site a while back and have been reading the forums waiting for what felt like the right moment to get involved. Now feels right. My life is getting on track but I'm could certainly use some support. I'm hoping this is my first post of many!

Welcome to AS (: this place is full of helpful people, who endured the same thing you and I did. Lots of helpful advice, and links, and just helpful people.

I'm sorry the trauma you went through that landed you here but I am happy you found AS.

I wish you well during your healing process (:

I'm new here too. I hope this site helps you!

im new here too, i only been here for a few days but people are being really nice to me. they got lots of cool smiley faces here too like this one :lindybear: i hope you like it here too :aswelcomesu:

Hello,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) from the NST (Newbie Support Team). We're here to help if you need anything so please feel free to message me if you have questions okay?

With support,

Activist Ally

Hi Jules,

Welcome to AS. I'm glad that you have decided the time is right for you, but am also glad that you took time to look around and get the feel of things. Not everyone is ready at the same time and that is ok. You most likely have seen how supportive and kind people can be. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

I just got on this site and I don't know when i'm going to log out. I believe this is one of many log ins for you as well!

I just got on this site and I don't know when i'm going to log out. I believe this is one of many log ins for you as well!

It is. At the moment I'm just overwhelmed by the number of survivors out there and am scrolling through lots of the site and wishing I'd found it a long time ago. It seems really silly but I've never really thought about the rest of the world... and what may or may not have happened to other people out there... this has always been something I've dealt with privately and with a small wonderful network of close supporters. Its always been a very personal horror. Realising that there are thousands of people out there living and breathing and struggling and healing, like me, is upsetting - this is the world we live in? But its also filled me with hope, and a feeling of belonging. And I know this is exactly what I need at the point I'm at.

Best wishes with your recovery ihopetosave. :)

welcome to AS! I'm Sorry for the reasons that bring you here but I'm glad you found this place. Hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I have :) you deserve support and you deserve to heal!

Wishing you all the best in your healing journey

Jemma

• 2 weeks later...

I can really relate to your experience Jules! The first time I was ever given the opportunity to share about my experience with other abuse survivors was in a group therapy session a couple of years ago. I knew there had to be other people out there who'd been through it and could relate, but getting to talk to them and listen to their stories was so powerful! It felt like sharing the load, rather than just carrying it all by myself. I'm new here, but I'm hopeful that this will be a really positive experience for healing!