Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Dejected

Hi all! I'm a little frightened to be posting anything here or anywhere, for that matter. I've had to hide away from this for 33 years. I am nearly 36 now. I've searched, in the past, for an outlet for the pain and all the other emotions that come with that pain and always came up empty. I am cautiously hopeful I've found a channel for those emotions. I welcome any advice in navigating through this site in order to receive its fullest benefits. I've already browsed around a bit. I've shed a few tears from some posts and smiled from others. That's encouraging, for sure! I'm looking forward to finding a safe place.

Edited by restored33

Hello, welcome. I am sorry for the reasons you come to AS but hope that , like me you find it helpful and empowering.I found the scale of some of the abuse people share made me feel that I was making a fuss over minor things, but someone kindly pointed out, we are all survivors and the things that happened to us were wrong, whether they happened once or a hundred times.

Realising you are not alone and hearing other people's journeys towards healing helped me to finally approach a r*** crisis centre and I am currrently awaiting counselling, though it is 30+ years since I was r***d, I had csa to deal with, as well. The thing is though not to feel pressure or that you should do this or that.

Hi!

I am relatively new to the page too. I have only been here for a few days, and like you, I was very frightened and nervous when I got here. I felt so anxious posting anything or responding on threads. But let me tell you something. In the past few days I have felt more compassion and understanding on this site than anywhere else in my life. I hope that you too, find it to be as useful as I am and that you can take the steps to help heal yourself. We welcome you with open arms. Good luck!

Hi Restored33. I'm new here too. I hope this site is a comfort and help to you!

Thank you for your warm welcome, Anah. I hope you find healing on your journey as well. I agree with you, I have felt more support in the last couple days than I have in the last 33 years.

Hi louiseroi! I'm sorry for what you have gone through! I think it takes a very strong person to reach out for help and I'm glad you found resources to help guide you towards a better you! Being a part of the AS family is proving to be a step in the right direction for me to become a better me.

Thank you z63! So far so good. I feel stronger than I felt yesterday. I hope you find comfort as well!

Hi Restored,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have gone thru, but you will find this a very supportive site. I've also been hiding for over three decades, before I found this place. I never thought that alone feeling would ever leave, but it has. I hope you find this a safe and healing place.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you, Mary! I'm tired of hiding. I feel like hiding has hindered my life but then again, I feel hindered in my life from opening up the wounds. I hope to feel the comfort that this site has provided to others.