Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All Just Saying Hi As I Have Just Joined.

hi everyone. my name is rachel and i am 17 years old, 18 soon cant wait! :)

anyways the reason i joined this page is because i recent started having flash backs and feeling terribly guilty for allowiong my attacker to get away with what he did but the reason i allowed him to was because he was my uncle and i love my granny very much and didnt have the heart to send her son to prison or whatever punishment he would have gotten for sexually abusing me.

there are 5 female cousins including myself that are related to this man and it turns out he got to us all and i was the last girl he got to. he is a taxi driver and i see him sometimes with young girls some my age some 11-13 (ages he abused me at) in the back of his taxi cab and i just got scared wondering is he touching them too..

i am just here to talk to people who know how i feel to know that i am not alone and there are some good people out there.

Hi Rachel

Welcome to AS. So glad you're here!

You are not alone in your pain, guilt, shame, fear, you name it. We are all on a survivor's journey. Some of us farther along than others, some still swimming in a cesspool of negativity. I hope you'll be able to find the peace you deserve and long for.

...here to listen.

Elle

hi elle

Thank you for your post i am sure i will find the friends and comfort we all deserve x

• 9 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found