Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Avoided For A Long Time

9lcp1

Hi,

I'm new here after having avoided dealing with what happened to me for most of my life. I am starting to understand why I feel certain ways and do certain things that perhaps have been caused by this past trauma. I am wondering if there are any specific support groups within the forum? And if not, I would love to know if there's any way I can match up with someone who has had a somewhat similar path.

Thanks You :)

Hi 9lcp1

Good to see you are talking about what has happened in your life. It is so hard trying to carry it alone and we do need

support. You trying to find someone who has walked a similar path can help as you have common experiences you can relate to. The rest of us will do the best we can to try to understand what it was like for you. Best to you in your healing journey. Hope to catch you around.

Rain

Hi and welcome to After Silence,

My name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I know joining a forum like this can be daunting, so if you have any questions please contact me and I will do my best to help

Take care, Paula

Hi 9lcp1

Welcome to AS.

I am sorry that you experienced your trauma in the past, but you are with many other members who support you here.

I am sure that you will find many members that can relate to your past trauma.

There are many specific support groups in the forums.

Some require that you post 10 messages before you can view the messages, and some are also password protected, and you need to contact a moderator for the password.

Sending you Love,and Support- You CAN Heal and Recover :notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

Hi anna1,

Welcome to After Silence. :aswelcomesu:

"I'm not sure how we get chatting", I am not sure if you mean replying to messages or How to use the Chat Room, where you can Chat in "Real-Time" with other AS Members.

I am sure that you will find many members here with similar experiences as yours.

Sending you Love,and Support- You CAN Heal and Recover :notalone: :supportu: :youcanheal: