Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello From Switzerland

Hi everyone

I’m new here, and I want to try to introduce myself. Well, I’m from Switzerland Europe, English is not my mothertongue, please be patient with
me and my spelling. I’m 46 years old, divorced and have a 12 year old son. As mother I feel often as a failure (because my son had to life 3 years in an orphanage). Additional to my bad experience in the past, 3 years ago I had cancer (2 OP, chemotherapy and radiologytherapy).

I’m suffering complex ptsd. I’m in therapy for 14 years now. I still have not told her the details from my story –we „try to start with them“
in march. Momentanly I’ve a therapy-break.

My psychiatrist told me to search a forum. So I did and found this place.

I hope that I can also help and encourage others to continue on the long way of healing.

Silenttears5

welcome to AS. I am from Canada and I believe you will find AS a caring community. The people here are wonderful. Feel free to browse the threads and post when you feel. You do not have to tell your story at first but when you feel strong and confident about it you can. I am truly sorry that your son had to spend some years in care. That can be a traumatic event for him as well as you.

You will find that many people here suffer from PTSD and that with therapy and meds it can be manageable.

Well, welcome and I hope that you will get a lot out of the site.

All the best in your journey toward healing.

Alas

Welcome to AS from the United States. I sorry for the experiences that have brought you here. You can heal and you are certinately not alone. Don't feel like you have to tell your story right away... I haven't yet and I've been her for about 4 months. Everyone hear is really supportive. I'm glad you found your way here.

Safe hugs (if okay)

By the way, your English is pretty good for it not being your mother tongue. :)

Take care.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not used to use this Forum (post, reply etc.). I've to figure out how everything is working.

For me the pstd is manageable most of the time (with meds and therapy). But recently the symptoms have increased again. Especially the sleeping disorder is bothering me.

Hello silenttears5,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here, I'm from Ireland, you will find a lot of people from every part of the world here, . If you need any help with the board, please let me know,

and don't worry about your English!! :)

take care, Paula

Hi Silenttears5,

Welcome to AS! I wanted to let you know that English isn't my first language either. I am French, and I live in Canada. I'm so glad that you have found this website. I think you will like it here and find it very helpful. In no time at all, you will find your way around. You will find people very supportive here, and people who understand. I also have complex ptsd, like many here. I have also been in therapy for several years, but finally found a therapist who specializes in ptsd and trauma, and I have been working with her for the past four years. It is helping a lot.

I hope that you are all recovered from the cancer now and that it is no longer a part of your life. I have also had a life-threatening illness several years ago. I was in a coma for three months back in 1996, secondary to a very rare kidney illness. I was not supposed to survive from this illness, but I did! And now, I am happy to say that I have completely recovered from that.

All the best to you!

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

Au revoir!...Auf Wiedersehen!

Josie

Hi Josie

thanks for the welcome. I'm finally also in therapy by someone that has experiences with Trauma and ptsd. The first few years I was by someone that had no clue, and it took me several years til I was able to went away from her.

To the cancer.. I recovered ... but I've stil to take meds. that it won't come back and I've to see an oncologist every few months. But hey I'm alive. And I'm glad you too.

silenttears5

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found