Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, This Is My First Post

Hello everyone,

I am not really sure what to do, so if this is wrong I am very sorry. This is my first post ever on any kind of forum.

So, a little bit about me. I am 17 (almost 18). And I don't really remember much of what happened but I would like to so maybe I can move on. My Psych thinks I might be able to do that if I talk to people in similar situations but as you all must know that is hard. I hope I am strong enough to do it.

Thank you for reading,

Leonora.

I hope we can help each other.

Edited by Leonora
Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi Leonora, and welcome to AS

Don't worry, you havent done wrong! This was the first ever forum I joined as well, so I know how you feel!

19 is a good age :P it's my age. :)

I am sorry for what has happened to you, but I am so glad you found this site, I have found so much support and understanding here and I'm sure you will too. Take your time to look around and read some posts so you feel settled in and then start responding and posting when you feel comfortable.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything :flowers:

:hug: if ok?

Thank you.

I am sorry for what has happened to you too. To be honest I am quite nervous and I don't really know what to write because I don't want to make people feel bad. I will go and read some posts to see how it is done.

Once again, thank you. You are my first reply.

Leonora.

Guest SaraElizabeth

Read some posts :)

And an easy place to start posting is in the humour and silliness forum, nothing too serious then, and you can get to know people :)

Hi Leonora,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Hi Leonora

Welcome to AS :flowers:

It can be hard when you first start, but after a while it gets alot easier. Just take your time have a look around! you'll soon get the hang of it! I glad yo found us and I hope we can help you in your recovery :hug:

Hi! Welcome to AS! I hope this website is as helpful for you as it has been for me. Take your time and look around to get a feel for the place. There are lots of great people here. Take care and hope to see you around the boards!

:hi: Welcome to AS! im glad you found us! there is so much support and love here. everyone is just amazing. i hope you enjoy thing site as much as i do! :peace:

:wave: Leonora, and welcome to AS!

Don't worry, you're doing just fine.

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hey Leonora,

That sounds like a pretty awesome psych you got their, I reckon talking to people about what happened has been one of the best, and most empowering things I've ever done, also, something cool I'm 18 too, and from Australia, hehe :P, and yeah, we all know on AS that Aussies rock the world :lol: (well it a working progress to convience everyone, but we'll get there :P)

I'm really glad that you'ved decided to come to AS, and share some of the hurts that you've experienced, because by sharing the burdens which we've got, we can all help each other in overcoming those hurts :hug:

Feel free to PM me anytime :flowers:

John

Well hello there... Welcome to AS!

Hello everyone,

I am not really sure what to do, so if this is wrong I am very sorry. This is my first post ever on any kind of forum.

So, a little bit about me. I am 18 (almost 19). And I don't really remember much of what happened but I would like to so maybe I can move on. My Psych thinks I might be able to do that if I talk to people in similar situations but as you all must know that is hard. I hope I am strong enough to do it.

Thank you for reading,

Leonora.

I hope we can help each other.

Hi Leonora,

I'm not sure how this works either. I'm about the same age as you (19). I'm not sure what happened with me. I didn't even realize that what was happening with me was wrong until a few months afterwards. Maybe we can work through this together. And I am sure that you will be strong enough to overcome this. You are very brave to come out and talk about it with other people. I think it will be difficult at first, but I think we'll both feel more comfortable with our supporters after some time. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that we can help one another

Carissa

Thank you and welcome yourself.

Sorry for what you are going through. I would like it if we could help each other.

Best of luck to you too. It is good that we have found this site. I really hope it helps both of us.

Leonora.

Leonora,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are a lot of great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board. Take good care of yourself.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug: