Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Joined

Hovis

Hope everything goes ok and that you have fun with the Grandkids :) Love swimming - or more precisely love floating, definately good for relaxing!

All the best :)

The appointment went ok, very easy to talk to her and she had some other ideas about getting through the flashbacks. I have to keep a diary of when I have them and how bad they were and whether I was being successful getting myself back to the present and how, and I am seeing her next week.

Had a good time swimming, depsite the numbness in the legs with the sciatica I managed to swim 10 lengths and then played with the grandchildren. Felt really tired when I got home and fell asleep.Slept for an hour before the flashbacks started. Had five in the next hour but managed to get back to the present inbetween, and they were not as intense as I was having.

Thanks again for the support

Am really glad that the appointment went ok, that she had some ideas to help with the flashbacks and that she will see you again, it must be a bit of a relief for you to feel someone will help? Sounds like you have been having ever so many flashbacks :(

Really glad too that you had fun with the grandkids

All the very best :flowers:

Am really glad that the appointment went ok, that she had some ideas to help with the flashbacks and that she will see you again, it must be a bit of a relief for you to feel someone will help? Sounds like you have been having ever so many flashbacks :(

Had a couple of flashbacks during the night, but despite them being particularly intense i managed to get out of both of them quicker than usual and also recovered quickly. Consequently I had a pretty good sleep. Got a very painful and inflamed arm where i had my injection tuesday so may have to pop into the walk in centre later. I have been invited to a childrens party and to take my son and grandchildren this afternoon and feel more able to cope with a housefull of children. Thanks again for the support.

Had a couple of flashbacks during the night, but despite them being particularly intense i managed to get out of both of them quicker than usual and also recovered quickly. Consequently I had a pretty good sleep. Got a very painful and inflamed arm where i had my injection tuesday so may have to pop into the walk in centre later. I have been invited to a childrens party and to take my son and grandchildren this afternoon and feel more able to cope with a housefull of children. Thanks again for the support.

Having a couple of good nights where i had managed to get back to the present quickly had the opposite earlier, it didn't matter how hard I tried I just could not escape. I felt just as trapped as when i suffered the CSA and the rape, and even though I was trying hard to get back it took me over an hour leaving me feeling exhausted. Why does it always seem to be worst at the weekend when I spend more time on my own.At least I should get to Church in the morning and I know that will lift my spirits.

It just seems never ending at the moment.

Need lots of hugs at the moment

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Am sorry it sounds like saturday was really hard going indeed. It sounds too like you are on to something about them being worse when you have more time on your own? How have you been since then?

All the best

:flowers:

Am sorry it sounds like saturday was really hard going indeed. It sounds too like you are on to something about them being worse when you have more time on your own? How have you been since then?

All the best

Didn't have a good morning at Church sunday as the serman was about peace, so I couldn;t stop the tears. poke with the preacher afterwards and he prayed with me. Had a really bad flshback that afternoon and I tried for a about twenty minutes but could not escape from it. I felt so trapped. Felt nervous at home after it so decided to go to the pictures and came back feeling very relaxed. Had a couple more since but not too bad. It is sometimes so difficult to get back to the present however hard I try, and I sometimes am afreid to go to sleep because you know they are going to start again. I hope and pray that tonight will be better.

Thanks for your support and hugs

All the best

Didn't have a good morning at Church sunday as the serman was about peace, so I couldn;t stop the tears. poke with the preacher afterwards and he prayed with me. Had a really bad flshback that afternoon and I tried for a about twenty minutes but could not escape from it. I felt so trapped. Felt nervous at home after it so decided to go to the pictures and came back feeling very relaxed. Had a couple more since but not too bad. It is sometimes so difficult to get back to the present however hard I try, and I sometimes am afreid to go to sleep because you know they are going to start again. I hope and pray that tonight will be better.

All the best

Had four flashbacks again last night, but managed to get back much quicker and get some sleep inbetween.. Taking the children to soft play this morning because they go back to school monday.

All the best

Had four flashbacks again last night, but managed to get back much quicker and get some sleep inbetween.. Taking the children to soft play this morning because they go back to school monday.

A couple of bad nights again so went to bed at eight last night only to be woken at ten thirty with flashback although shorter and not as intense.Recovered and going to try and get some sleep

All the best

A couple of bad nights again so went to bed at eight last night only to be woken at ten thirty with flashback although shorter and not as intense.Recovered and going to try and get some sleep

Better night last night actally got some sleep

All the best

Better night last night actally got some sleep

When I saw the doctor wednesday agreed that as the flashbacks were not stopping so agreed to take some medication. I knew that amitriptyline knocked me out when my sciatica was bad, so agreed to try them. It has certainly improved my sleep,but leaves me feeling a wreck during the day. Have just slept for five hours whuch is the best since the flashbacks reoccurred.Also gave me a certificate for another month