Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I need to know that I'm not alone in this this is driving me crazy I'm sure its real being a survivor as a woman but it is absolute hell being a man I don't ever feel worthy of anything or anyone I just need to know how to make it go away

Welcome to Aftersilence Purplewv,

You said "I just need to know how to make it go away" - I think a lot of us wondered how to make it go away. I'm sorry you are going through this right now. Honestly, I can't tell you how to make it go away... but we can move forward. It will time, how much? I don't know. Just by joining here, you are taking another step forward. Your worthy - just as much as anyone is here. You deserve the chance to move forward. There quite a few male members (also there is a male forum if you would like to check it out).

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. You are here.. let's move forward :comfort:

Mandy
NST

Welcome here, purplewv. As others have said, I want to echo that you are VERY worthy and deserving. You have a right to be here. You're not the only male member on After Silence, just so you know. I'm sorry for the reason(s) that brought you to this online community, but, we're a supportive caring bunch.

As far as, "How to make it go away" - It sadly just doesn't go away. We've all wondered that too, though, as sunshinee has stated. All we can simply do is move forward, one step at a time. Sometimes it's two steps forward, one step back. However, the only direction you do have to go is forward - I hope you find some comfort or solace in that.

I need to know that I'm not alone in this this is driving me crazy I'm sure its real being a survivor as a woman but it is absolute hell being a man I don't ever feel worthy of anything or anyone I just need to know how to make it go away

You're not alone. I know it's hell. But if you take care of yourself and take the steps you need to heal then you can reach a point where what you went through doesn't control you anymore. It never goes away completely but it becomes less and less relevant to your daily life to the point where it doesn't feel like that heavy a burden. There are a lot of male members on this forum and most of them have pretty horrible stories. As dismally as our culture fails female victims it doesn't even make an attempt to support male victims, and I know that makes it even more difficult to get past these kinds of issues but I promise you it is possible and you can have a life you are proud of despite whatever you've been through.

I get everything you said. It all resonates with me, and I want you to know you're not alone and I support you.

Take care,

Guy