Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New

kparks

Hi, everyone. My name is Kate and I'm new here.

I'm not really sure what to put here, except I've been feeling pretty alone and confused and this seems to be a safe place to write and talk to some people with common ground.

I'm 18 but my birthday's coming up, I go to college right now as a freshman pre law student, and everything that's happened was pretty recent, only a couple of months ago actually so I'm still kind of managing everything that's been going on. I think this type of support is going to be good.

I'm very friendly and open and I love giving advice and supporting people, so (even though I'm not entirely sure how everything on the site works or exactly what the etiquette here is) any time someone wants to comment or send me a private message or something I'd be really glad to chat at any time, especially more people my own age.

Good luck to all of you, I hope you're all doing well and like I said, I'd be here for anyone who might need an ear!

Welcome Kate, take your time to look around, you will find many different age groups here, I am close to 60. Don't tell my mind that, it feels much younger , the body knows it's getting to 60 :)

Patricia

Hi, everyone. My name is Kate and I'm new here.

I'm not really sure what to put here, except I've been feeling pretty alone and confused and this seems to be a safe place to write and talk to some people with common ground.

I'm 18 but my birthday's coming up, I go to college right now as a freshman pre law student, and everything that's happened was pretty recent, only a couple of months ago actually so I'm still kind of managing everything that's been going on. I think this type of support is going to be good.

I'm very friendly and open and I love giving advice and supporting people, so (even though I'm not entirely sure how everything on the site works or exactly what the etiquette here is) any time someone wants to comment or send me a private message or something I'd be really glad to chat at any time, especially more people my own age.

Good luck to all of you, I hope you're all doing well and like I said, I'd be here for anyone who might need an ear!

Hi Kate!

Thank you for making an introduction! I'm glad you found AS (After Silence) and I hope being a member here will help you feel less alone in a safe way.

I'm so sorry for what happened a few months ago. You're very strong and brave to have kept managing even in the face of that!

I am a member of the New Member Support Team and so I wanted to let you know if you have any questions or need anything to please feel free to let me know (my PM (personal message) box is always open!

With support,

Activist Ally