Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi there!

I'm new to this group it is the first time I've ever reached out to other survivors. It happened a handful of times between the time I was 16 and 18. I'm now 23 and have a loving husband but I had never had a real mechanism for addressing what happened. I have been struggling with anxiety, low self esteem, eating disorders and substance abuse since then. I want to find peace and move on but I have to find a way to work through it first.

I'm looking forward to joining the community and the participating in this network of support. Thanks very much for reading!

Hi Amandarose, Welcome to AS, Its a big step to reach out for support, so be proud of yourself for taking that step. This is a good place to reach for the support you need. You are not alone. So very sorry for what you endured.

Welcome Amandarose,

I'm sorry for the trauma you have endured to find yourself here, but you will find AS to be a very supportive site. I found this place less than a month ago and the people here are so kind and understanding. Best wishes on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello, and welcome. I can relate with a lot of what you wrote, esp the low self esteem and substance abuse. If I can get more than 3 years clean, anyone can. I'm glad you found the group. 😎

I have dealt with substance abuse (extreme) eating disorders and low self esteem too!! (they were all pretty extreme lol) im 23 too and happily married :) its good to meet you, look forward to seeing you around, and feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to :)

Hello Amandarose

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help please let me or one of the team know and we will do our best to help

take care, Paula