Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not Sure I Belong Here?!?!?

rob47

I feel out of place here because, after looking at some of the posts, it seems all women are here. I am male, but I was sexually abused as a child. I buried it deep inside of me for years. Little things would happen, and I would flashback to certain events or experiences. And now today, at age 47, I seem to re-live things almost daily in my mind. They are no longer hidden deep inside of me, but haunting me daily.

I was abused by an aunt. I am not exactly sure of my age when it started, but I do know I was not of school age. I know this to be true, because of the location of where these memories seem to have taken place.

Sometimes I feel as if I want or need to tell my story, but when it would come down to it, I can't seem to tell it. I tried once with my ex-wife, but that didn't work out very well, so I have been silent ever since.

And now, here I am, in a surivors message board, surrounded by women. The cause of my problems, and it was a woman who I tried to talk to but now seems as if that was a bad idea.

So....I will wait to see, if as a man, I am welcomed here...or not.

Thanks for listening to me so far, and I am hoping that I can find some help and maybe some advice here.

Hey Rob,

Sadly enough sexual abuse happends to both men and women, so of course you belong here. If you really search carefully though I am sure that you will notice that there are males here and that they have been very welcomed to be here as you are.

I am sorry for all that you have been through and are still dealing with. Even though your a guy, it still hurts and it isn't right.

Feel free to make yourself comfy, know that we can all relate to your feelings/emotions and that you are not alone.

Welcome to After Silence. :)

:hug:

Donna =)

:greet: Welcome to AS rob47 :greet: ...you are just as welcome here as any woman..as Donna said there are some men about on the boards.Everyone is very supportive and caring and sadly we have all shared the horror of SA and/or R***

Take your time to settle in and I wish you all the best on your healing journey,rocky as it may be.

:hug: Lene

hey Rob

hi there im male to and a survivor of childhood sexual abuse to and let me say i have been very welcomed here

thing is there is and are male only survivor webs ites out there to Rob and i been to them to but i have to be honest i like it here cos here you feel part of a comunity wheras on the male only sites no one talks to eahc other but im not taking anything away form them im sure they play there part to but i feel more at home here.

Welcome rob

Jason

Hi Rob,

One thing Ive noticed is that all are welcome here - male or female. Like Donna said, sadly abuse happens to anyone. We will not judge you here, so tell your story only when you are ready. You will also find that you are not the only one to have been victimized by a woman. You're not alone.

Welcome to AS!

Kelly

Welcome to AS Rob,

I have met a few males on this site, mainly in the chat. I guess maybe their nervous like you that no others in here, so they don't post a lot. A few males post in the realtionships and sexuality forum. I think the more males the better, hopefully then it will make all male or female feel comfortable to post.

I'm sorry to here that you need to use a site like this, but i am sure you will be welcomed just like everyone else

Hopeneeded

Welcome to AS, rob. :) As others have said, you are certainly welcome here. I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but I hope you find the help and support you are looking for. :)

Hugs,

Kelly

hi rob

welcome here. i'm sorry for what you have experienced. you are so brave to be here. although this site is primarily compromised of women who have experienced abuse, i've noticed that there are a few men here, and that everyone trys to be supportive and helpful. no matter what your gender, each of us here has been through a similar tremendous pain, and that unites us. i think it's great to have both men and women on this site, because it allows for different perspectives, one group doesn't feel alone with their problem, and we learn that there are safe and supportive people of the same gender as those who have caused us such deep pain. i hope you find the support you need and deserve. looking foward to getting to know you.

dawn

Hi Rob,

Welcome to after silence! As the others have all said, you are very welcome here :hug:

Meg :)

rob,

males and females are all most definitely welcome here. the main thing is that you are a survivor and you want to heal. nobody here is going to judge you. i hope you feel as welcome as you possibly can feel. :)

Rob,

I too wanted to add that you are more than welcome here. Abuse happens in every corner of society, to men and women, black and white, rich and poor. There are no boundaries.

I was abused by my mother, and so I can understand how it feels to suffer abuse at the hands of a woman. You are not alone.

Welcome to AS.

:hug: Ruthie

Guest -Jennifer-

Hi rob!

I hope you stay! Just think of us all as a bunch of sisters. :wink: Well Jason is a brother ha...We do have a few fellas here!

Like others have said sexual abuse affects/happens to both men and woman, and segrating survivors based on their sex, well, now what good would come of that?

Just take some time to get aquainted with the board and when you feel comfortable enough to start posting, we are all here for you as much as we can be.

Take Care,

Emma

Hi Rob,I am sorry that you were abused by a woman,however I hope that you will come and find healing here in this place.I am pretty new myself here but one thing I have learnt in my life is that there are some lovely men out there !!!!! and I hope you will come to heal and realise that not all women are bad,I was abused by both men and women including my own mum and dad,so I know its hard sometimes to trust again.But this is a friendly place,and I hope you will soon feel at home here,safe hugs if ok Button :) Julie

:greet: Hi Rob, Everyone else has said it so well already. I just wanted to welcome you to After Silence and hope it helps you as much as it helps me. :):hug:

we need u more than ever rob, seriously what about all the chicks out there who have trouble understanding the male race? hehe. who can we come to for help and advice? you. its great to have males on here.. some ppl feel more comfortable talking to males especicaly ones like you who will have more of an insight on what they have been through. so infact ur very very valuable. and i suppose u get the idea that u wont be welcomed as much being a male coz we females seem to stick together as males do aswell but ive found ( as mentioned before, especially in chat ) its actually rather easy to talk to u guys. sometimes even easier than the females! so please dont leave us, as i think it was jason who said it.. we r like one big community here.. everyone is friends with one another, its just a fantastic place to be apart of!

racheal :)

:greet: Welcome :greet: Welcome :greet: Please stay. As the others mentioned, there are men here! I hope you will feel comfortable enough to post. Sometimes it really helps to write it out and hit the reply button.

I was abused as a child too, by both men and women, so there are those of us here who can relate. :hug:

welcome to AS rob :bighug:

~charlene~