Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Trying To Find Help

hey all,

i'm new...so still trying to figure this site out...just hoping to be able to talk to people about everything...i'm 18...my rape only happened a few months ago and i thought i could just forget about it, pretend it never happened and move on with my life...as long as i stayed busy and kept other things on my mind i was doing pretty good...but lately it hasn't been so easy...nightmares and flashbacks...i can't sleep...i get paranoid about stupid things...and i have him in a small class with me this semester which is really uncomfortable....ok well hopefully this will help some...if u could respond thru this site sumhow, or msg me on aim - my sn is hplessdreamer

or even e-mail me at shortgirl2004@hotmail.com

that would be great...

thanks...

:) Welcome to AS

I am so sorry about what happened to you, but I am glad that you found AS. If you will notice, you are member number 1019, so you are not alone. Most of us are here because we could not just "forget it" There may be no physical scars, and nobody knows perhaps but you and the perpetrator. However, your mind and your spirit has been violated, and it is crying out for attention in the only way it knows. Had you been beaten, stabbed, broken, or shot. Someone would have taken you, or you would have gone to the hospital, where they would take out the bullet. apply an ointment to kill the germs. give you medication for the pain, and send you home to heal. Healing may be painful at first, but the alternative is to not get treatment, risk a serious infection that could cause serious illness, intense pain, weakness, disability or perhaps death.

I did not get the symptons you are describing until 20 years after the abuse stopped. I too tried to ignore it, and thought that I could forget about it. Therapy helps because you get to talk about it to someone who understands what is going on. Posting to the board here, is like talking. There is always support, because we understand.

Take your time, post as much as you want as often as you want to, we won't push. We help each other, with support, a listening ear, and feedback.

I didn't mean to go on like this, but I hope it has helped in some way. Take care of yourself. :wub::hug:

Welcome to AS, I hope that being part of this site can help you in your healing journey, sometimes we feel alone but as said over 1000 people are now registed to this site and we try and support as much as we can... :hug:

Welcome to AS, I hope that being part of this site can help you in your healing journey, sometimes we feel alone but as said over 1000 people are now registed to this site and we try and support as much as we can... :hug:

The most mind boggling thought just struck me. We are over one thousand members on this one forum. I am sure this is not the only survivor forum on the internet. Just trying to imagine, conservatively, how many of us there are is overwhelming... definitely way too many!!!

(((Dreamer)))

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support and comfort you are seeking here. This is an awesome community of truly selfless people who frequently help others, despite their own pain and current issues.

:hug:

Ardatha

welcome to as :hug:

hope we can help you on your healing journey :throb:

~charlene~

i empathise with u...im 16, was raped just over 4 months ago, and i still see the guy in the corridors at school everyday..its so horrible, at first, i cried and had to run out of assembly to get away.. but u learn to block it out in time..hold your head high. i hope u dont mind, but i added u on msn, just block me if u dont want that

hang in there

Beth x

Hi dreamer, nice to meet you :) i'm gonna be 18 in 4 days time (woohoo!)

I can relate to so much you said..

i thought i could just forget about it, pretend it never happened and move on with my life...as long as i stayed busy and kept other things on my mind i was doing pretty good...but lately it hasn't been so easy...nightmares and flashbacks...i can't sleep...i get paranoid about stupid things

I could have written that myself.. I also tried to forget about it and 'move on', doing other things to occupy my mind, but in the end we do need to face it and work through it. It's great that you've made the step of coming here, I hope you will find it as useful as I do, there are some amazing people here. If you wanna talk, feel free to PM me, or post whatever you like ok? Take care :hug:

Diana x