Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Finding Me....

well i am new and wanted to say hello to everyone, the courage and kindness of members here is what gave me the strength to be brave enough even to register today. i am 25 but i am still very much stuck in the world of a little girl. i'm only just now dealing out loud with the fact that i need to heal --from many things i remember but also the hardest ones that i don't fully, but anyway my stomach is in knots and i'm not sure what to say right now except that i am taking several steps now to grow and accept myself as an adult and not as alone as i have always thought. so i hope to really learn and grow from your stories and ideas, hopefully some day soon being able to not only share mine but maybe help others to grow as well, thank you for accepting me, and i'm sorry if i don't post a whole lot at first. well anyways-- thanks for being here

welcome to the forum, Angel. :hug:

that is really good you are taking steps to overcome your struggles and taking the steps you need. you should be proud of yourself. and its okay if you don't want to share right away, you take your time and know we are here for you. i'm glad you decided to register and hope to see you around. :wub:

lux

Welcome to the forum. :):hug:

I totaly understand how you feel about being stuck in the world of a liitle girl. I feel like everything I experienced stunted my development but a couple years ago whenI was 24 I went back to school and got my life back on track. I just feel a little delayed. It is a choice to heal proactively and it sounds like that is the choice you made. We are here for you. Welcome to AS..........Michelle

Hey Sis,

I'm really glad you decided to join AS. I have seen you grow so much within the past few months. I know you feel as though you are stuck, but you are not. In fact, the reason you are hurting and feeling this way is because you are finally healing. "Healing comes so painfully" (Plumb). Always remember that you are loved and that I believe in you. You are beautiful, inside and out. You will find your way through this mess and become an even stronger person because of it. Remember that I love you more than words can say, but even more...God loves you. He heals the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. We will get through this together. :hug: I love you.

~Brokenwings~

Guest Haleylrm

I am very proud of you, :)

If you would like to talk sometime Im hear. I to am just starting to deal with my demons I havent dealt with them for Five years they have haunted me for so long.

But I give you my hand in helping each other down the long paths to come. I need it to just as much as everyone else. So keep the strength that drives you to be here and grow all of us need to grow and damnit we will ! :)

Welcome to the board honey. :hug:

Take your time, relax, read, post, do whatever it is you would like but only in your own time. There is never a rush or push for anything else honey, just know that when your ready we are here for you always.

:hug:

Donna =)

:) Welcome to AS

I know we can be of help to you in your healing. You are very brave, and very smart. You may be stuck in your little girl right now, but that little girl is growing, learning and becoming strong. Just keep hugging that little girl, and letting her know that you love her. :wub::hug::hug:

Welcome to AS, I hope that you find that this wonderful place can help on your healing journey, you have made a very brave step in posting here, just take your time don't worry about how little or how much you post, we all try and support each other as much as possible and sometimes all we can do is send cyber hugs but there are times when thats all we need to do because thats the one thing that is sometimes needed ,here is a place where its harder to feel as though you are alone ....... :hug:

welcome to the boards :hug:

~charlene~

Welcome to AS - I hope you find us supportive in your healing journey - we're here for you whenever you want to talk

Sonic xx

:hug: