Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

30 + years ago

Guest Kbcj4

Guest Kbcj4

I broke the silence after 30 some years! Oh my god. I told my husband. Now I am as scared as all those years ago, but yet feel some relief.

Kbcj4 welcome to after silence. Good for you for breaking the silence! I know it's hard and scary but it's better out than in. Just know that you will be ok. If there's anything I can do let me know. I'm usually online throughout the day. You are not alone here. Take care of yourself.

Tracy

Guest Kbcj4

Thank you so much for your to be here for me. I am not really sure what I need right now.But a web site like this is a wonderful place to start finding out. I can not believe all the horrible things that can happen to a person because of someone elses stupidity.

Kathy

yes, stupidity is tragic and there is a lot of stupidity out in this world. There is also a lot of good in this world also...I have to remind myself of that all the time.

Well, just give yourself time to heal and take care of yourself. We are here for you.

Tracy

(((Kathy))) wELCOME TO AFTER SILENCE!!! I am really glad you took that first step in breaking the silence! I am so proud of you! I know it was scary, but you did so well! Keep fighting. You can do it! Healing is a process, and it takes time. This is a great place to start. I hope you find healing and support here as i have. Take care, sweetie!

love clarissa

Guest Madonna

((((kbcj4))))

Congratulations on making the first step. It's such a hard step to make. But all of us are here to support you. Looking forward to more chatting with you :-)

Madonna

Guest Kbcj4

Thank You All!! This to me is a safe place. My husband is the most wonderful man on earth. We have talked intensly since the breaking of my silence. He has told me he will be here forever! I have been with him for 25 years, yet today I am worried about our relationship. I have been reading and reading, taking in all this information,but the terror is still there.

I have some very serious issues with make love to him. Yet he understands. That its self scares me. No one has ever understood me and now he says he is here for the long haul, yet I feel he only wants one thing. I know that is a horrible thought because we have been together longer than I was single. I hate myself for not being able to fully trust him like I know I should.

Thank you everyone for listening to me, this site is my lifeline right now!

Guest Kbcj4

I'm sorry, I'm posting in the wrong place I will try to figure out this out. This is all new to me. Thank you for letting me know where the safe spots on this site are.

(((((Kathy)))))

well done you on breaking the silence, i know how hard that is, i told my fiance a few months ago, the whole story, i had told my best friend little bits of it but nothing really too much. I had kept the secret for 10 years. My fiance persuaded me to have him tell my mam and dad about the ab*se and i'm so glad he did, i dont talk to them about it, i sometimes talk to him but still find it hard, but i find it so easier now that the three of them know and also everyone on these forums know, and can help me deal with it...i hope you get the same healing from telling, i truly do, good for you,

much love and hugs if ok,

ami xxx

(((Kathy))) Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found your way here. Know that you do not journey alone. We are here for you. I look forward in getting to know you better.