Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Needing Support-

I just want to say hi to everyone. I am hoping that this is an active forum with supporting ppl. I have been healing for 5 months now and have been to 2 forums already....one was very hurtful and the other one was not active, not many ppl replied to posts or were that supportive. I am just hurting a lot right now, like many of you I bet, so I was just looking for a supportive environment to help me heal.

I am a survivor of child sa- for my first 13 years of life straight and then physical and emotional and also a survivor of a few r***s. I am currently going thru some difficult times in my marriage, my h isn't supportive and has been very hurtful. but I will go into it later. I just wanted to intoduce myself. I look forward to talking to you all

K

(((((Ray of Hope)))))

I'm sorry to hear that you have had some bad past experiences with other messageboards, I had one of those. But you have come to the right place my dear, everybody here is so very caring and supportive. :)

Welcome to AS hun, feel free to post away or lurk, whichever makes you most comfy.

:hug: :hug:

Donna =)

Hi K,

I am so sorry that you have not been able to find online support before now. I think you will find this to be a wonderful place. Everyone here is very supportive. Please post away about whatever is on your mind and I think you'll find lots of caring souls who will understand.

Take care and I look forward to getting to know you.

:hug::hug:

Kim

((((((((Hugs)))))))

Welcome to AS, hun. I haven't been coming here very long but everyone is has been very supportive and they have welcomed me with open arms. I hope you can find the support you need here, the way I have.

Take your time and post as much as you feel comfortable with. This place has been wonderful and is helping me a lot. I hope it can do the same for you.

If you ever need to talk you can PM me anytime.

Dale

Ray of Hope,

Welcome to After Silence. The people here are like a big family and I hope that we can help you in your healing journey. KNow that we are here for you when you need us.

Christy

((((donna kim dale)))) thank you so much for the encouragement and welcome! I look forward to gettingto know you all.

K

Welcome Ray of Hope

This is a great place, you will get all the suport you need and want.

Best wishes

Karen

Welcome to AS, I hope it helps ... :hug:

Welcome sweetie.

This place is definitely supportive, yet like any internet forum just be sure to be cautious :)

I am very sorry to hear about all the troubles you have had to struggle with. You must be an incredible strong person. I welcome you here, and I hope that you can talk with us freely about what you've been through. We will not judge and we offer advice and support. It is very liberating and helpful to release all the negative emotions that build up after surviving so much pain.

Take care hon. We're here for you.

:throb:

Welcome :hug:

I hope you find the support you are looking for here - I know I have :)

:throb: Meg

im sorry about your past, but know that anything you need we are all here for you.

AS is like one big happy family, i know iam a better person for coming here

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

-kristine

wow- I am in awe of the support I have received so far. It is a blessing to have so many respond with just a warm hello and an offer to support.

It means so much to me - esp. now, I feel like my at every turn almost I have to prove myself and my truth to many. It is a painful thingto have to do over and over again.

I think I already feel comfortable to share..but I guess I have to figure out which area to do it, or if I can share some here. I am still trying to navigate my way around here.

thanks for being patient with me and welcoming me - hugs to all of you who replied! :hug::thanks:

((((( a ray of hope)))))))

Welcome to after silence. You've definately come to the right place. This place is just amazing and there's always someone around to help you through the dark times with some supportive words or some hugs. Look forward to getting to know you. :hug: Luv Jess

(((jess)))) I am finding out that this is a safe and nurturing place. Thanks for the welcome! :hug:

(((Ray of Hope)))

I have been to many different forums on the net - some for ab*se and some not - and yet this one is the friendliest, warmest, most caring and loving one I've found. The people here will respond to anybody's cry for help and always give the best of themselves. I hope you find it a good place to be.

:hug:

Meg

((((meg))))) I have seen that! everyone has been so caring and supportive. I am very grateful

K :kitty:

(((Ray of Hope)))

What's even better is that many hang around after healing to help comfort and support fellow forum members. Stay safe.

:hug:

Meg

((meg)) that sounds awesome !!! and what a great way to continue to grow. I am glad I found AS.

:hug::up:

K

welcome to AS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

While thirteen years is an awful long time, I have faith that you'll realize with the combination of the passage of time and a whole lot of loving support, the bitterness and pain WILL fade and your strength WILL return. Who knows, you may just be the most amazed person around at what you could accomplish when that happens. . .

Been there. . .

reddd

:P

thanks Reddd for your reply..I don;'t think I am bitter..I hurt, yes, angry at times for the pain I have, frustrated at times, but I don't know if I would say I am bitter..what would that look like exactly. Over the years, I ahve always been forgiving to my parents...have been the only one reaching out, sometimes they accepted it sometimes not..I never was hurtful to them, I was sincere..I wasn't healed..and when I began to heal or was feeling things..they felt threatened..so I severed ties once and for all..I don;'t consider that bitter, I consider it honest, ssafe guarding and smart. I don't know what is in store for me..but I do know that I am trusting what God puts before me daily and leaning on Him for strength. I don't think I really have room for bitterness.

I do think we as survivors are justified in our anger....abuse is angering..what was taken from us makes me angry! that is a truth. But that anger does not rule me or consume me now...it did for many years...I am filled with love now..real love..and a love for me I have never known. and I know how strong I am now...I have survived many trials..I know Iam strong.

I thank you for replying and hope to hear from you again

K